Cloudbeds is a travel industry startup that works to make the world a more welcome place. We make advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals & groups that manages reservations & guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, & collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are distributed across over 30 countries and, altogether, we speak 20+ languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. Were looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry & love to travel as much as we do.
As a DevSecOps Engineer at Cloudbeds, you will help to further secure our customer data, application, & infrastructure from quickly global & growing cybersecurity threats. You will leverage your experience within the security space to work closely among security, product, & engineering teams to assess & remediate risk, as well as design & support new security-related processes within our Software Development Life-Cycle. You will maintain an understanding of & defend against the latest threats. As a DevSecOps Engineer at Cloudbeds, you will play an important role in our delivery of an exceptional experience to our customers all around the world with security at top of mind.
Location: North America or Western Europe Timezone (Remote)
What You Will Do:
- Work directly with our security, IT, product, & engineering teams to implement security best practices across our infrastructure & applications.
- Secure our infrastructure & applications in Amazon Web Services (AWS), leveraging automation & best practices.
- Secure our Software Development Life-Cycle by participating in & improving security-related phases of the cycle.
- Maintain an understanding of the latest cybersecurity threats & implement best practices for protection.
- Support & contribute to internal security policies & processes to ensure company & employee data are secure.
- Act as a first-responder for security-related incidents.
Youll Succeed With:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 2+ years experience as a DevSecOps Engineer working in AWS.
- 5+ years experience in a security engineering position.
- 7+ years experience in IT.
- Strong experience securing infrastructure in AWS (IAM, VPC, Route 53, ELB, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Redshift, Elasticache, S3, Cloudtrail, GuardDuty, Kubernetes, ...) via automation (Terraform, Ansible, Lambda, ).
- Strong experience securing web applications (OWASP).
- Strong experience with containerized environments (Docker)
- Strong experience implementing security monitoring, logging, & alerting.
- Strong experience administering linux-based systems.
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools.
- Strong knowledge of threat modelling & risk assessment techniques.
- Experience securing critical production environments having hundreds to thousands of servers.
- Experience running & automating vulnerability scanning systems (Qualys, Tenable (Nessus), Rapid7 (Nexpose), et al.)
- Experience working in a PCI compliant software development environment.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication in English.
- Ability to work remotely & manage your own time in a global team.
Nice to Haves:
- Security-related certifications (AWS Certified Security - Specialty, CISSP, CSSLP, CCSP, Security+, etc).
- Experience participating in security-related roles within the SDLC.
- Experience securing microservices or Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA).
- Experience securing REST & GraphQL APIs.
- Experience supporting compliance efforts.
- Experience working with Atlassian products (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence).
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open vacation policy & the opportunity to travel & work remotely with great people. We are also dedicated to your personal & professional development at Cloudbeds. You will have access to over 10,000 courses within LinkedIn Learning when you join our team for your individual growth! If you think you have the skills & passion, well give you the support & opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018 & 2019)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018 & 2019)
- Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes