As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Senior Analyst of Media Insights will join a growing team responsible for the implementation & analysis of advertising effectiveness studies across our network. You will be a key member of the Vox Insights & Innovation group, working with stakeholders across revenue operations, sales, & product teams to analyze & improve advertisers performance, in support of their marketing initiatives.
This role requires both strategic & tactical skill sets with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, & a strong command of digital media. Your work will translate into high-quality & actionable insights to improve the effectiveness of advertiser campaigns & unlock business opportunities. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses & have the ability to convert data into actionable insights & recommendations for our clients.
What youll do:
- Act as the main point of contact for assigned ad effectiveness research
- Manage all parts of the research project cycle: scope research vendors; design research questionnaires; support, document & manage client based projects; collaborate with internal operations on the implementation & management of research programs, including quality assurance; interpret data, write reports, & make actionable recommendations; present findings to account teams & potentially to clients
- Showcase results & distribute knowledge in a concise manner
- Develop expertise across client verticals to be able to scope & execute analyses that delivers insight that ties back to the business & assists with vertical development
- Develop strong working relationships with internal clients & assist in handling client-facing interactions that involve deep education sessions & recaps
- Develop deep understanding of all vendors & offerings we leverage to be able to work cross-department to match appropriate research with clients
- Draft & update internal materials around offerings & training
- Make recommendations that contribute towards efficiencies & team/business structure decisions
- Work on ad hoc requests as needed
What youll bring:
- BA/BS preferred with 3+ years experience in internal & client-facing analysis roles
- Understanding of marketers challenges through relevant job experience
- A strong understanding of methodology, data & systems from a broad range of research providers, including emerging tools & methods
- Experience with online research, campaign effectiveness, online recruitment, audience measurement, & market research is a must. Prior experience working with vendors and/or publishers
- Experience developing surveys based on specific objectives & in analyzing raw data through the output of survey tools
- Excellent communication & quantitative skills
- Very strong Excel experience
- Ability to take the data beyond the facts to what it means & why we should care
- Ability to analyze & translate data-based findings into clear, relevant insights & express those insights with passion & brevity, both visually & verbally
- Proven ability to design, manage & prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- A proven track record of strong interpersonal skills & successful teamwork & collaboration
- Data-driven storytelling skills you create & deliver compelling presentations with outstanding visuals
- Smart & quick proactive learner with organizational agility & strong attention to detail
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.