Cloud Security Engineer (staff engineer & above)
Through our blockchain technology & rapidly growing network of financial institutions, Ripple is improving the global financial system & increasing economic inclusion for more people, in more places around the world. Ripple is looking for passionate Information Security professionals to build a world class Information Security program. As part of the Information Security team, you will help us achieve this mission by actively working to protect our staff, company, & the larger crypto communities we engage with.
Our Security Engineering team is growing,, helping Ripplers design, build, & use on-premise & cloud infrastructure securely at scale. Infrastructure Security Engineers work on a broad set of efforts focusing on scaling & automating security infrastructure & processes. This team works closely with Ripples IT organization & Cloud Engineering & Operations teams to ensure we are building securely to protect our business & our customers. In this role you may find yourself working to enforce perimeters to protect all of Ripples environments, strategizing IAM solutions, detecting vulnerabilities & ensuring patching processes, assessing & securing public cloud infrastructure, & more. All with the intention of influencing policy to simplify user experience & keep Ripple secure.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Runtime discovery & detection in a multi cloud environment
- Pre-deployment evaluation of a multi cloud environment
- Partnering & consulting with colleagues on design & solutioning
- Securing SDN technologies in a container environment
- Working hands on with incident response to communicate capabilities
- Continuous improvement of relevant security systems & services
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience building & monitoring public cloud infrastructure
- Deeply familiar with AWS & GCP cloud infrastructure
- Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities & remediation techniques, including penetration testing & the development of exploits
- Deep configuration management & orchestration experience (Salt, Ansible)
- Familiar with the Hashicorp ecosystem (Terraform, Vault)
- Experienced with Kubernetes management & monitoring
- Inclusive leadership & teamwork skills
- Results oriented, values collaboration, self-motivated
- Someone willing to adapt to change in a fast moving environment
- Above all, a team player that can handle challenging situations, a rapidly maturing security culture, & an eagerness to mentor less experienced engineers
What We Offer (USA):
- 100% paid medical & dental & 95% paid vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness reimbursement program
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when needed
- Modern offices in San Francisco, London, New York & Singapore
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages & coffee drinks (and catered lunch twice a week!)
- Monthly team social activities like outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights & more!
- A culture of learning & development: employees have access to professional development workshops & reimbursement for continued learning
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripples growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably & cost-effectively. Banks & payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs & access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.
Learn more about engineering at Ripple by visiting our blog, Get Technical."
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice here.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant & seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain & cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity & inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing & enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses & consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Toronto, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai.
WHAT WE OFFER The resources & support to be your best at work & beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, & empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates & ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours & more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, & equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical & dental & 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest & recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement & weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, & plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees. Interns - please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.