ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a full-time Product Design Manager to join our UX team. The Product Designer Manager will work closely with Researchers, Product Managers & Engineers to build simple user centered digital experiences for our partners globally.
- Lead design & help conceptualize the future of the ClassPass B2B responsive web experience.
- Manage, mentor & inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction & pushing the quality of the design work
- Push the boundaries of your teams UX/UI/visual execution & try new ideas. Be able to think Blue Sky & explore divergent concepts while maintaining a fixed eye the balance between simplicity & context.
- Influence product strategy & lead your team in executing design work with a high level of polish, & understand how to solve a range of tactical & contained issue to much more complex, loosely defined product challenges across all partner touch points.
- Know how to lead & represent your team effectively, substantiate the work & the decisions behind them, & be an advocate for user-centered design
- Build relationships with cross functional team members & executives across organizations, & effectively speak to process, design goals & team vision as a strong representative of the design team
- Promote a strong feedback culture by both giving & receiving constructive & actionable feedback.
You are a team player who rolls up their sleeves & gets their hands dirty. You gracefully solve problems under pressure while checking your ego at the door. You are know for a fine-tuned aesthetics, amazing storytelling, a critical eye & an obsession with perfection.
As the ideal candidate:
- You have a track record of leading design teams through successful B2B product launches
- You emotionally connect with customers of all kinds in a two sided marketplace
- You inspire others to aim for bigger, bolder & smarter
- You advocate for great design & help others understand its value
- You have mastery of typography & love grid systems
- You are comfortable sketching on whiteboards & adjusting icons at 1600% zoom
- Someone who is obsessively detail-oriented, a self-starter, & an aficionado of iterating
- You have learned by experience that no design survives user testing untouched, & you thrive in iterating from user feedback
- A design portfolio that demonstrates strong problem solving, interaction & visual design skills
- 6+ years of digital design experience
- 2+ years leading & mentoring designers
- A degree in a related field
- Experience shipping responsive web experiences
- Strong communication skills you are able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Familiar with the AGILE working process & able to work closely with Product Managers & front-end developers
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, Invision & the Adobe Creative Suite
- BONUS: Proficiency in Framer, Principle, Origami, etc
- BONUS: Experience with running & synthesizing UX research