We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.
Who we are:
Cruise Critic, a subsidiary of Tripadvisor, is the worlds largest cruise travel site, helping travelers research, plan & book their next cruise.
Cruise Critics Product team is looking for a talented designer to help us create the very best experience for our users. Our goal is to inspire memorable experiences through our passion & commitment to cruise.
The Sr. Product Designer will own Cruise Critics user experience; & will help shape product strategy, UX requirements, & collaborate across all teams to bring products to life with a speed-wins/test & learn mentality. You will understand key user problems via user research & will translate these as well as business needs into UX solutions.
To be successful, you will be passionate about our users & able to design for complex problems, managing multiple stakeholder in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
What youll do:
As part of the Product Design team, you will drive the design & evolution of our cross-platform products for researching & planning a cruise. You will partner cross functionally to create a consistent, results-driven experience that delights our users across our different platforms.
As a Sr. Product Designer, your core responsibilities are to:
- Understand our users & our product
- Gather our users needs & wishes
- Understand the market & context of cruising
- Understand our product features & its constraints
- Understand what brings value for our users & our business
- Define, with our Product Owners, the future of the cruise planning experience
- Define the interaction workflows on different devices (mobile, desktop, tablet)
- Sketch early low-fi prototypes for cross-device experiences
- Maintain a consistent style guide for our interfaces
- Build & design high-fidelity prototypes
- Work side-by-side with developers during the integration
- Through an iterative process, test & refine your concepts
- Animate qualitative & quantitative user tests
- Based on users feedback, provide recommendations for future iterations of your designs
What we are looking for?
- At least 6 years of experience in design.
- At least 1 successful experience designing on a mobile-first approach
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Axure, Usertesting.com etc.
- Passion for design systems & data-informed product design
- Incredible design chops with proven experience shipping customer-centric products
- Strong problem solving, analytic, & data-driving decision-making skills. Able to interpret data & trends, diagnose problems, & formulate effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Excellent communication skills, conviction, & a strong design point of view
- Agility in utilizing a variety of discovery, research, & validation methods to drive meaningful outcomes
- Portfolio that showcases your contribution to digital products & demonstrates originality, innovation, & strong problem solving skills
- Youre always looking for new & upcoming trends in design