Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
In this 10-week course students will learn to navigate the product cycle, from evaluating users & managing a roadmap to creating an MVP & developing metrics. We are looking for an instructor to lead this transformative experience through General Assembly's part-time Product Management course.
Skills & Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, & trajectories of the newest generation of product managers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out.
- You have at least 3 years of industry experience with product management.
- You have fluency in the following topics: product development cycle, market analysis, user research, wireframing & storyboarding, financial modeling, product roadmaps, & creating product specs.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Teach 2 hours per evening, 2 days a week, for 10 weeks.
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons & materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work alongside GA staff & teaching team to best meet the needs & learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic & collaborative classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new suite of skills
General Assembly is a licensed school in the state of Massachusetts & all instructors are required to be licensed by the State. To work for GA, you must submit an application to the State before your first day. The directions on how to become a licensed instructor will be shared with you if an offer is made.