Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, technology is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What do we do? The Network Processing (NP) - Test Engineering (TE) team supports the VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) System by delivering quality services & solutions using best-in-class processes, methodologies, & technology with our worldwide workforce. We are an integral part of Visa delivering projects that support the worldwide Business Releases quarterly, monthly & weekly projects & maintenance work, as well as multiyear infrastructure projects that introduce new programming logic via IBM High Level Assembler (HLASM), C++ & Object Oriented code. We also support & work with other peer Test Engineering organizations to support integration, downstream & end-to-end testing to ensure no defects adversely affect the VIP production systems.
The VIP Test Engineering team is committed to leveraging innovative technology solutions to enhance software quality & accelerate the time-to-market of different product platforms. We test approximately 1000+ changes to our systems in any given year while collaboratively maintaining a better than 99.7 percent fail safe percentage to an authorization system that supports over 65,000 transactions per second (billions of messages a year).
Who are we looking for? You! We are looking for candidates with experience in software design, development & testing. You will be part of a talented software testing team that works on mission-critical payment applications & be responsible for testing the code manually as well as build & utilize automated test scripts & tools to test the application. You are a team player, making sure that everyone in the team feels valued & is excited to work with you. Location, time pressure, distractions, none of it matters: no matter the environment, you know you can be involved in the implementation of industry standard best practices for test automation initiatives, design & develop highly capable, bug-free complex tools, test automation frameworks & solutions following secure SDLC standards.
As a Test Engineer, you will be involved in value-based exploratory testing in addition to regular systematic functional & regression testing, risk identification, & production deployment/support. In order to retain the quick time-to-market of different product platforms, you should be able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment balancing aggressive development schedules with the need for quality software. Providing innovative approaches to coordinate multi-region testing allowing more condensed testing schedules will be within daily activities.
All in all, you are a motivated personality who is able to proactively identify ways to add value to the team, even when they may not be spelled out, you are flexible & willing to switch tasks based on team's needs. No matter the challenge, you know you can find a solution & encourage others to think the same. You recognize when to ask for help & when to collaborate with others & work across departments. You are team-oriented having strong work ethics with an innate desire to take up ownership & drive initiatives.
Why us? Working at Visa is challenging. The problems that we face & solve & the decisions that we make affect the world. Visa is all about helping people around the world reach their everywhere' - the place where their personal, professional & financial goals intersect. If you have the ambition, focus & drive, & are interested in joining a global team focused on changing the way the world pays & is paid, you'll find your everywhere' at Visa.
The Sr. SW Engineer - NP Test Engineering will be will be an individual contributor role based in Bangalore & will report to Visa's Network Processing - Test Engineering Management at Bangalore.
1) As a Manual Test Engineer -
- Design & develop comprehensive test plans & test cases from business requirements & conceptual documents for the application changes & efficiently execute the same across all functional areas, products & solutions.
- Test code manually as well as build test automation suites to enable the team to be more efficient & effective. Analyze andreport test results to Development & Product teams.
- Collaborate & work with Development, System Architecture & Product teams to analyze, debug & resolve design or code issues. Be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the SDLC.
- Report project status, highlight risks & issues to Project Managers & Management & also provide solutions & options.
- Implement standard processes, tools, & metrics to deliver large-scale projects from
inception to conclusion that meet quantifiable business objectives.
- Maintain appropriate vendor, partner relationships & internal service level agreements
to facilitate daily workflow.
- Coordinate & support integration, end-to-end testing with peer Test Engineering groups to ensure
seamless code releases.
- Build & maintain test environments, automated test suites.
2) As a SDET (Software Development / Design Engineer in Test) -
- Coordinate & collaborate with VIP Test Engineering (VIP TE) stakeholders, technical leads & staff members to define requirements / modifications for use in designing appropriate test automation tools, frameworks & solutions. Evaluate options & provide recommendation on scope & scale of effort required to develop such solutions to further our Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD)' goals.
- Contribute to all phases of project execution including requirements gathering, creating design documents, coding & unit testing, technical documentation till production implementation. Responsibility includes developing new programs & subprograms, as well as enhancements, & maintenance of the existing software(s). The product developed should be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
- Develop innovative approaches to accommodate tight schedules & resource constraints using test automation. Build & implement scalable, reusable test automation frameworks. Develop modular automated test scripts utilizing reusable functions, data-driven techniques & perform basic management of automation libraries.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of automation best practices & architecture for performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, maintainability, & cost. Suggest & cultivate ideas on the extension of the current test tools & frameworks to new products & services. Identify opportunities for further enhancements & refinements to standards, processes, technology, & test tools. Articulate technology solutions as well as explain the competitive advantages of various technology alternatives.
- Communicate, collaborate & work closely with VIP TE team members across geographies to help them comprehend, define, develop, maintain & execute automated test scripts & tools.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Electronics (or equivalent technical degree) is required; Master's degree in Engineering is a plus.
2 ~4 years of relevant work experience or an equivalent mix of work & project experience in software development, manual and/or automated testing, preferably in the Electronic Payments domain (required).
In-depth understanding of SDLCand STLC, development & test engineering processes & methodologies.
Solid design, development, coding & testing skills with comprehensive knowledge of industry standard developer & test engineering best practices.
Knowledge of ISO 8583, SOAP / XML, JSON etc. messaging will be required. Familiarity with RESTful APIs, SOAP UI will be an added advantage.
Preferably 2 ~ 3+ years' experience in -
- zTPF (Mainframe), VM/CMS, VM/VPARS etc.
- IBM S/390 Assembler/HLASM, C/C++,
- SQL, DB2 (ability to write & execute SQL queries to validate data),
- IBM TPF Toolkit & associated Debugger.
Must have solid understanding of object-oriented concepts & any of the following programming languages [1) advanced C# including WPF, XAML programming, WPF MVVM design patterns, UI/UX design AND/OR, 2) advanced JAVA including system/network programming, backend programming & multithreaded programming, UI/UX design]. Relevant experience is mandatory. Additionally, knowledge of Python will be required.
Working knowledge of Mainframe Assembler language (IBM HLASM), REXX/VM Programming (including PIPE programming), Databases (SQL Server / NoSQL / MongoDB / MySQL etc.), Web APIs, Web Services, VB Scripting etc. are a big plus.
Must be able to write technical design & build documentation for all aspects of a technical infrastructure.
Experience using version control repository & source code management products such as GitHub, TFS etc. & other tools like Jira, SharePoint, Wiki & Jenkins etc. Familiar with TestNG or other framework(s) for unit testing.
Should have excellent problem solving, analytical & technical troubleshooting skills. Be able to thrive in a self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment.
Demonstrated ability to work well with a globally distributed team in a high performance organization.
Willingness & desire to learn new skills & take on new tasks & initiatives. Proven ability to multi-task independently in a fast-paced environment & handle multiple competing priorities with minimal direction from management. Should be process oriented & possess excellent planning & organizational skills.
Capability to prioritize work & maintain focus. Ability to understand departmental goals & strategies from all levels, from the big picture' enterprise-level view to the low-level' technical view.
Strong interpersonal & communication skills (verbal & written), able to train team members/users on topics, provide presentations to an internal audience, ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way, interact positively & work closely with management.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.