Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
The Operations Technology team is responsible for creating, enhancing, & supporting our proprietary solutions to unique business problems. The team consists of multiple groups of highly motivated, creative, & technically savvy engineers, testers, & product owners. These groups are responsible for end to end ownership of the products that fuel our round-the-clock warehouse operations with exact focus on reliability, resilience & scalability.
What Youll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, & deployment
- Develop clean, testable, scalable event-driven systems using React, Java, Kotlin, SpringBoot, RabbitMQ, MySQL, MonogDB, Splunk, SignalFX & a variety of other open-source technologies
- Deliver software on a sustainable schedule that keeps work-life balance in mind
- Find architectural improvements to enable rapid growth in traffic & transaction volumes
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges
- Work with national & regional transportation carriers to integrate their services
- Mentor & learn from your teammates & foster an inclusive, empowering team dynamic
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or at least 3 years of coding experience with OOP concepts & design patterns
- Youve shipped multiple large software projects & learned from the experiences
- Able to learn new tools & technologies quickly
- Experience working as part of a team software development effort
- Ability to manage your time & juggle competing priorities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Extensive Java & React chops or any prior, RabbitMQ, MySQL are a plus
- Curious, has a sense of humor
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.