Pindrops Infrastructure Operations team works to make our infrastructure & core systems so good, reliable, & performant that our internal customers can focus on building innovative global products that are changing the world without having to think about what is running them. We are a dynamic & high energy team with immense collaboration & an unrelenting passion for reliability & scalability. If uptime & automation are part of your personal core belief system, the Infrastructure Operations team is where you need to be!
what youll do
- Design, document, build, maintain, & support a wide array of complex infrastructure & core systems/services
- Work on multiple assignments at once, collaborate with the team to establish & use best practices
- Analyze performance/usability challenges & propose innovative solutions to solve them
- Look at every manual process & find ways to automate/code it into a highly reliable & reportable system
- Mature our processes from ad-hoc to optimized
- Take complex systems & make them seem boring to our internal customers
who you are
- You have the ability to understand hardware/software/cloud platforms from the ground up, become a subject matter expert on it, & have the ability to troubleshoot, configure, & repair the platform
- You have demonstrated the ability to make relevant, specific, & high value recommendations to the design or implementation of a platform. This includes categories such as automation, features, security, manageability, etc.
- Startup experience is a requirement. The candidate must possess the ability to "wear many different hats", juggle multiple priorities, context shift quickly, & thrive in an environment where you don't have a strictly defined job definition
- Very self motivated & work with minimal supervision
- See a problem, own it, solve it, do it
- You have a passion for technology & are constantly researching new/emerging solutions
- Not afraid to dig into technology youve never used before, work on high value systems, or racking servers if that is what is needed to be done
- Be part of an on-call rotation with occasional night/weekend work
- Have the ability to troubleshoot a problem & then teach the team/company on your findings
what we look for & tech used
- Extensive Redhat/CentOs/Ubuntu linux administration experience
- Expertise in writing Chef/Terraform/Packer
- Scripting expertise, preferably Python & Bash
- Knowledge of some or all of our toolset: Jenkins, Nginx, VMWare/Proxmox, Splunk, ELK, Artifactory, DataDog, containers, etc
- Experience working with many AWS/GCE infrastructure services such as EC2, RDS, S3, EIP, NLB, Route53, & more
- Experience with networking concepts within firewall, switch, & router configuration including: VLANs, DNS, VPNs, BGP, ACLs, etc.
- Demonstrated experience identifying security vulnerabilities with the associated ability to remediate them in a timely manner
- MySQL/MariaDB experience in both building highly available systems as well as writing complex queries
- Demonstrated history working within a distributed architecture & CI/CD best practices
- Telephony infrastructure experience a plus
what we offer
As a part of Pindrop, youll have a direct impact on our growing list of products & thus the future of security in the voice driven economy. We hire great people & take care of them. Heres a snapshot of benefits we offer:
- Recognized top employer
- Health plans & 401k
- Continued education budget
- Flex schedules
- Best in class tools
- Paid commuter options
- Fun outings to celebrate our accomplishments as a team
- All the good karma you can rack up for fighting bad guys (our conference rooms are named after the ones weve busted)
who we are
Pindrop is a company founded on research & continues to innovate new ideas to market. Our solutions are leading the way to the future of voice by establishing the standard for security, identity, & trust. Pindrop products secure the future of voice, making technology more human from the call center to IoT devices.
what we live by
Pindrop is driven by our DEPTH values. These are reflected in our goals & the base of our teams peer awards.
Act with Deliberate urgency.
Create Evangelical customers.
Passionate about the fight.
Playing for the Team.
Make Hard easy.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status; & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.