Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
As a Payroll Tax Specialist joining our growing team you will be responsible for accurately paying & remitting withholding & unemployment taxes. You love learning new software & are interested in learning more about payroll tax at a PEO. This role requires patience, determination, & excellent people skills as you work cross-functionally to solve tax issues as well as communicate with local, state, & federal agencies.
What you'll do
- Manage daily file uploads & electronic payments of payroll taxes
- Assist with quarterly, monthly & annual payroll tax filings across all local, state, & federal jurisdictions
- Review our payroll tax system data on a daily, weekly, monthly & quarterly basis, performing reconciliations of customer data & coordinating resolutions for any discrepancies
- Resolve payroll tax inquiries/issues generated by our Customer Success team adhering to established service level agreements
- Follow established procedures to respond & resolve local, federal and/or state tax notices
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in accounting or related field
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Process-driven while able to be resourceful & adaptable
- Technologically savvy; comfortable utilizing multiple systems & software programs
- Payroll tax filing and/or payroll experience preferred
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks vision is for all identities, backgrounds & expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success & intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative & inclusive space & company culture.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.