Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate to join our Strategy team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
The Network Optimization team within Strategy manages the engine being built to improve Oscars networks along several important dimensions, such as adequacy, salability & cost. You will help build this engine. You will work with Oscars Analytics, Insurance Operations & P+L teams to establish what a good network looks like, & work across the organization to project manage the build.
You will report into the Director, Network Strategy.
- Work with Oscars Analytics team to understand the analytical model underpinning how we prioritize provider leads for our Direct Contracting team.
- Communicate additional requirements & provide thought partnership on how to incorporate into the model.
- Coordinate with the P+L team to get their requirements & reviews completed before launching a market.
- Communicate timelines for releasing new markets & modules to Insurance Operations & Direct Contracting teams, who oversee execution on contracting within required timelines
- Help establish success metrics for contracting projects & work with Insurance Operations to track & communicate metrics through dashboards
- Refine our analytical model by incorporating additional modules, eg. provider renegotiations & build centralized processes for our Direct Contracting & P+L teams to action these.
- Manage our models around rate guidelines (what a good rate is for several types of contracting) & understand where the model can be relied upon for an answer vs. contracting expertise.
- Systematize other elements of our toolkit for network optimization - e.g. how we assess the adequacy impacts of potential changes to networks
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualities include:
- 3+ years of professional work experience in healthcare, strategy consulting, Investment banking or other structured backgrounds
- Experience working with & building data models - proficiency in Excel
- Experience managing projects & partners across the organization with the ability to visualize a process, identify bottlenecks & resolve
- Strong attention to detail & a willingness to get into the weeds
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.