Company Description|Job Description
Denodo is the leader in data virtualization - providing unmatched performance, unified access to the broadest range of enterprise, Big Data, cloud & unstructured sources, & the agilest data services provisioning & governance - at less than half the cost of traditional data integration. Denodo's customers have gained significant business agility & ROI by creating a unified virtual data layer that serves strategic enterprise-wide information needs for agile BI, big data analytics, web & cloud integration, single-view applications, & SOA data services across every major industry. Founded in 1999, Denodo is privately held.
Be part of an elite team in a rapidly growing international software product company.Your career with us will combine cutting edge technology, exposure to worldwide clients across all industries (Financial Services, Automotive, Insurance, Pharma, etc.), exciting growth paths, direct mentorship, & access to senior management.
Your mission will be to help & assist our clients & prospects in the DACH region to realize their full potential through accelerated adoption & productive use of Denodo's Data Virtualization capability in many solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Data Engineer - SQL / Big Data (m/f) you will successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, client communication & coordination skills between clients & internal Denodo teams to achieve your mission. Main responsibilities for this position are:
- Conception, implementation & execution of customer-specific integration projects based on the Denodo Platform
- Education, coaching & support for Denodo Platform projects to get high level of client satisfaction
- Diagnose & resolve clients inquiries related to operating our products
- Participate in problem escalation & call prevention projects to help clients & other technical specialists increase their efficiency when using Denodo products
- Contribute to knowledge management activities & promote best practices
- Implement product demos & pilots to showcase Data Virtualization
- Provide customer-based feedback regarding client's business cases, requirements & issues
Desired Skills & Experience
- University Degree related to information systems or computer science (Bachelor or Master degree)
- Solid knowledge of Data Integration, SQL & relational & analytical DB management
- Knowledge of Java, JDBC, XML, Web Services, Git, ...
- Experience in Windows & Linux/UNIX
- Basic experience in Big Data, NoSQL, & InMemory environments is welcome
- Ability to learn new technologies. Active listener. Professional curiosity & continuous learning. Creativity.
- Team worker
- Good written/verbal skills in German (minimum C1 level) & in English
- Willingness to travel from time to time
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity.
- We respect, value & welcome diversity in our workforce.
- We do not accept resumes from headhunters or suppliers that have not signed a formal fee agreement. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, & we will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.