Outset is a medical technology company pioneering a first-of-its-kind technology to reduce the cost & complexity of dialysis. The Tablo Hemodialysis System, FDA cleared for use from the hospital to the home, represents a significant technological advancement that transforms the dialysis experience for patients & operationally simplifies it for providers. Tablo serves as a single enterprise solution that can be utilized across the continuum of care, allowing dialysis to be delivered anytime, anywhere & by anyone. The integration of water purification & on-demand dialysate production enables Tablo to serve as a dialysis clinic on wheels, with 2-way wireless data transmission & a proprietary data analytics platform powering a new holistic approach to dialysis care.
A Field Service Engineer I (FSE I), reporting to the Director, Field Service will be responsible for the installation, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, & repairs of the Tablo Dialysis System.
The FSE will interface professionally with Clinical Staff as well as our patients & will be one of the key faces of Outset. The FSE will provide exceptional customer support & should be able to apply basic engineering theory to accurately diagnose issues, understand root causes & apply appropriate solutions. The FSE will assist Production & Engineering when needed & as the service schedule allows. They will additionally provide support to Marketing or Sales for seminars, trade shows, & other demonstrations as necessary. The Field Service Engineer will also supply feedback to R&D regarding system performance, serviceability improvements as well as customer feedback. They may also be asked to help develop training or service manual materials as time permits.
They will be responsible to properly document all activities & jobs performed in accordance with Outsets Quality Management System policies & procedures. The FSE will also manage & maintain Outsets assets (tools, equipment, & trunk inventory) in accordance of those same policies & procedures. The FSE should expect to travel within the United States up to 75% of the time initially with the potential for worldwide travel as the company grows.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide on demand first & second level technical support to customers including after-hours phone support, holiday & weekend on-site support as required.
- Install, troubleshoot & repair Tablo Dialysis Systems at customer facilities or patients homes. Must have strong knowledge of electronic, mechanical, & fluids components.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance that includes calibrations, hardware or software upgrades & verification of system specifications.
- Become a technical subject matter expert on the Tablo product.
- Ability to address & resolve customer issues & escalations.
- Complete all field service & expense reports according to functional standards.
- Support Marketing & Sales for seminars, trade shows, or demonstrations as required.
- Provide detailed feedback to R&D regarding performance, serviceability & customer comments.
- Support the development of training & service materials.
- Accurately document all service activities, maintain spares inventory, & provide parts usage & failures within the ERP system.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task & re-prioritize duties throughout the day.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with customers, patients, & internal personnel.
- Manage & maintain company assets required to perform all necessary job functions.
- Associates degree (Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical or Fluidics) strongly preferred or military equivalent.
- 2+ years Field Service experience in the Medical Equipment Industry preferred but not required.
- Must have valid drivers license & good driving record.
- Ability to charge travel expenses on a personal credit card to be reimbursed by company.
- Ability to read, write, analyze & interpret electronic & fluidics schematic diagrams & flowcharts.
- Ability to respond in verbal or written form (email) to inquiries or complaints from customers or co-workers.
- Excellent computer & technology skills with regards to software applications, (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point) ERP databases, & technology innovation.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Note: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals will be required to sit for the majority of the day & will be required to stand as needed. May require walking, primarily on a level surface for periods of time throughout the day. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl & talk or hear. Proper lifting techniques will be required to lift up to 75lbs. Individuals will be required to travel via airplane, train, taxi, car and/or other means of transportation as needed.