Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gustos Diversity & Belonging team stems from a focus on the entire employee experience & our company-wide dedication to R.I.S.E. (Representation, Inclusion, Social Impact, & Equity) holistically intersectional approach to employee engagement.
We are seeking a RISE Business Partner to help us effectively engage & drive R.I.S.E. The RISE Business Partner will work with the entire Business function (Sales, Customer Experience) along with leaders & members within the business to integrate R.I.S.E Gusto-wide & ensure we effectively implement our framework.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Clearly articulate the RISE Strategy & diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) initiatives & embed holistic DEI processes throughout the entire Gusto employee life cycle to assist in the development & delivery of DEI programs & initiatives, & goals to the business.
- Serve as the strategic advisor & link between the RISE team & our in People Partners, People Development team & other cross-functional partners.
- Consult with people empowerers (managers) to provide guidance & coaching with a restorative focus & intersectional lens.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships among leadership & cross-functional teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise by using evidence-based best practices to drive results.
- Identify external trends & benchmarks that inform & complement internal workforce goals & employee engagement.
- Provide support to our 8 employee resources groups as needed.
- Maintain a clear understanding & knowledge of our ever evolving business & environment.
Heres what we're looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in diversity, equity & inclusion roles.
- Awareness. Ability to demonstrate understanding of multiple facets of diversity & intersectional lived experiences: cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, educational, age, sexual orientation, income, linguistic, professional, & other differences that make us unique.
- Experience building relationships. Proven track record of collaborating & building relationships with both People Partners & Employee Relations Partners to work with the business & to understand business priorities & needs.
- Strong project & time management skills. Proven ability to work under pressure & manage multiple complex projects driven by data, while getting into the weeds & managing day to day operations.
- Facilitation, coaching & presentation skills. Confident in both written & verbal skills; extremely organized with a keen eye for detail as youll interact with everyone from the newest Gustie (employee) to senior level leadership.
- Willingness to be flexible. Industrious & entrepreneurially spirited to support the larger goals of the RISE team; while this role will have assigned tasks, it will also be agile & shifting between multiple focus areas.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a fast paced environment to drive engagement & accountability across an organization.
- Growth mindset to seek emergent understanding & application of DEI issues, trends & opportunities.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $84,000-$130,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, & $102,000-$158,000/year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.