FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products that deliver sports betting, gaming & entertainment to millions of US sports fans, every day. Thats no easy task, & wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products & innovative features that make us a leader in the industry.
The FanDuel Draft is a year long program that gives entry level talent the opportunity to join a Software Development team at the heart of the action, sitting within a delivery team, putting your work into production & improving the experience of our fans everyday. We think youll be surprised at how much responsibility youre given & how embedded youll be within your team.
Youll be supported in your learning by regular discussions with your line manager, who will sit within the same team. Well teach you about engineering in a professional setting, & how to deliver in our stack, with close support tailored to your needs from a dedicated mentor. Pair programming, courses, technical discussions, 1:1s, books, conferences; there are lots of ways that we can support your learning. Personal development will come in the form of learning sessions focussed on getting you up to speed on working in enterprise & FanDuel delivery processes.
What will I do?
- DevOps: are responsible for providing a smooth deployment lifecycle for services & maintaining & ensuring the uptime of our platform. Running across AWS EC2 & managed services, with in-state datacentres running on OpenStack & VMware. Linux SysAdmin & Python knowledge are valuable in this space. We define our infrastructure using Terraform & CloudFormation, & run CI/CD pipelines through Buildkite, Jenkins, & GoCD. We have configuration management defined across Puppet, Ansible, & Chef & are moving towards Kubernetes for container orchestration.
At FanDuel, software is developed by agile delivery teams & youll work with product customers & technology leadership to understand initiatives & designs, set delivery timelines & deliver solutions. Youll learn our Software Delivery Life Cycle- implementing & deploying solutions rapidly. Youll play a part in implementation decisions & participate in team design, scoping & prioritisation discussions.
What experience do I need?
At FanDuel were committed to creating a level playing field so whether you got an advanced degree from a top university, attended a bootcamp or learned to do it yourself on Youtube, all you need to do is show us you can code using an Object Oriented language & were here to help teach you the rest.
If I submit an application, what happens next?
Our entry-level positions in Tech are open year-round so its always a good time to submit an application. If your application stands out you can expect a call with one of our recruitment team to talk about joining FanDuel in more detail. From there, youll do some paired programming with a member of our team & if that goes well youll speak to our team in more depth about what youve learned to date & what you hope to be doing in the future.
Perks of joining the team
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- A unique learning opportunity, working with a delivery team from day one.
- Access to cutting edge technologies & excellent hardware.
- Collaborating with & learning from top engineering talent.
- Curated learning aimed at filling the gaps not revising university/bootcamp content.
- Inclusive & collaborative colleagues who value & respect each other.
- A new technical challenge around every corner, were never short of interesting problems to solve.
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions in an environment where its safe to get it wrong every once in a while.
- Hall of fame benefits including programs that allow you to share in our success.
- Flexible working & holidays to let you refuel as & when it suits you.
- Excellent development opportunities including time for personal development, curated online learning, a career ladder that shows the best ways to progress & a manager that supports your every step of the way.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.