Vias Head of Litigation & Regulatory Compliance will manage all litigation, regulatory work connected to Vias consumer, SaaS & TaaS services, global compliance across jurisdictions where we operate, communications with regulators, & any investigations that may arise. Youll manage an all-star team, report directly to the General Counsel, & be a trusted advisor to the CEO & Vias executive team on strategic issues of the highest importance to the Company.
What Youll Do:
- Direct & manage all aspects of a complex & varied litigation portfolio, including affirmative & defensive litigations (auto, insurance-backed, patent, commercial, other) & administrative proceedings, select, retain & manage outside counsel.
- Head up regulatory compliance team to ensure responsible compliance with domestic & international regulatory frameworks associated with Vias consumer & TaaS services, directing strategy for communications with regulators.
- Ensure best-in-class regulatory compliance practices by providing internal training on policies & procedures, updating & creating new policies where appropriate.
- Work closely with CISO to ensure robust cybersecurity, data privacy (GDPR & CCPA), & protection practices globally, including co-leading incident response.
- Assist with any investigations & enforcement matters that may arise.
- Own escalations processes, communications with law enforcement, FOIA, & subpoena processes.
Who You Are:
- Experienced in litigation and/or regulatory compliance with 10+ years of progressive responsibility.
- Obtained JD & admitted to New York bar or qualified as an in-house lawyer.
- Willing to jump in on a very broad range of issues & quickly get up to speed at a senior, decision-making level on areas where you may not have subject matter expertise.
- A proven track record as a manager able to seamlessly take over a team of high performers.
- Impeccable business judgment (not just legal sense) & a strong sense of ethics.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Combination of law firm & prior in house experience preferred.
- Experience as a federal or state prosecutor or other government service.
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems & sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized & customizable solutions for each & every one of our global partners (100 & counting, last we checked)
Long story short: were very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world & modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.