Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were also a very unique & imaginative brand that isnt afraid of highly expressive, experimental design, advertising & content in service of our mission & our customers. At the spiritual heart of this work is the Brand Studio team. We drive our brands bold creative vision & uphold & evolve our visual identity across channels. Our team makes an exciting range of non-traditional work that benefits & inspires our employees & customers alike. We humbly accept the label of being Mailchimps secret sauce.
We are looking for a Senior Designer who will be a key contributor to our talented Brand Studio team as we scale into a world-class, award-winning in-house creative team.
What youll do here:
- Help push our brand expression forward with fresh, inventive ideas & astonishingly beautiful executions
- Lead & design Brand Studio projects & activations that include concepts, visual assets & treatments that live across internal & external media channels, spanning our entire brand spectrum of core identity to experimental explorations
- Translate our brand strategy into powerful & purposeful creative expressions
- Manage & uphold design quality throughout every phase of a design project
- Partner with other cross-functional members of the CX/Design team & internal stakeholders to deliver initiatives collaboratively
- Occasionally support photo & video shoots, as well as other non-traditional creative production projects
- Champion Mailchimps brand standards & design systems across the business
- Contribute to our culture of creativity with curiosity, generosity, unexpected sources of inspiration, & a sense of humor
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have a portfolio of successfully launched work that demonstrates conceptual & strategic thinking with a unique approach to problem-solving & storytelling
- You have advanced understanding & mastery of typography, illustration, composition, grid systems & overall expressive design aesthetics
- You have strong creative instincts with a willingness to push beyond whats expected, using new tools, techniques & emerging technologies
- Your creativity is wonderfully hard to labelyoure a student of pop culture, you see what most people dont, & you respond to problems with highly original solutions
- You have full command of the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign; bonus points for motion design, illustration & code
- You care as much about the big idea as you do about the kerning
- Youre an ambitious self-starter who can thrive in ambiguity
- Youre articulate, confident & assertive when presenting work & providing feedback
- Youre organized & self-driven, achieving results on time by independently creating process efficiencies, communicating progress along the way amid a busy project pipeline
- You learn, listen & lead quickly in a fast-paced creative environment
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.