SoundCloud is a next-generation music entertainment company powered by an ecosystem of artists, fans, & thriving communities on the pulse of what's new, now & next in culture. As one of the worlds most influential cultural platforms, SoundCloud holds a singular market position as both a music-streaming service with the largest catalog of music, & an artist services & distribution business to help artists grow long-term, successful careers.
We are looking for a backend engineer to join our growing Payments & Entitlements team!
Our team is currently focusing on building the next generation of SoundCloud's subscription services. Youll get to work on new greenfield services, interact with multiple systems across the company, work with multiple languages, while also contributing directly to the company's revenue growth. All of this while maintaining a high bar for reliability & scalability.
- Write high-quality & maintainable code. Test, collaboratively review, & ship it.
- Take ownership of maintaining & developing our backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency & scalability
- Collaborate closely with your teammates & product owners to drive our subscription system's vision, direction & architecture.
- Contribute to building a strong team with high quality output & create an open & inclusive culture.
- Identify & proactively address challenges on the backend, driving technical decisions within your peer group.
You might be a fit if:
- You are able to adapt quickly to changes in business requirements & work in an agile environment.
- Think about systems & services & write high-quality code.
- Have 5+ years of experience working with mostly in Ruby or Scala. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies & systems.
- You are a motivated team player who is happy to collaborate with the engineering organization across.
- Experience in working within the e-commerce, subscription or payments domain is a plus.
If this sounds like you, wed love to chat!
The salary range for this role is $96000 to $145 000 annually. Please note the indicated range is for US-based locations only.The final salary offered will be determined based on relative experience, skills, internal equity, & location. We also offer a generous total rewards program - read more about additional benefits & perks below!
- Were international! We operate in the US, Berlin & London & all of our communication is in English.
- Our environment is a learning one, with specific focus on development, including a professional development allowance & a possibility to use 20% of your time for a personal project.
- You can contribute to our Engineering Blog post.
- Interested in a gym membership, photography course or book? We have a Creativity & wellness benefit!
- We offer free German courses at beginning, intermediate & advanced.
- Various snacks & goodies at the office!
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.