Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, & brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquares platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Visits. As the industrys first & only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions those that exist today & those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date, building a phones-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, visionary leader & manager who can roll their sleeves up & design & execute inspiring multimedia stories across internal & external audiences -- whether employees, partners or current & prospective clients. You can take technical & analytic concepts & communicate them in simple & compelling ways. This role will oversee communications efforts including employee & executive communications, PR, thought leadership, social, awards & industry recognition, analyst relations & public affairs. This person will manage a small team that brings to life the intersection of technology, public policy & corporate reputation. The position reports to the SVP of Marketing.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Create the messaging pillars & external communications strategy that will propel Foursquare as the leading platform in location data.
- Act as lead storyteller for the brand & create unique & compelling company, category, & product/technology narratives to continue to raise our profile & elevate our brand in the market
- Develop PR strategy, assembling persuasive content & story angles to proactively pitch to reporters, editors & producers in appropriate press verticals.
- Devise news angles to coordinate response to incoming press queries as well as editorial calendar opportunities.
- Manage content marketing team to deliver compelling & data-driven editorial content to our primary audiences that solidifies brand reputation but also drives interest & engagement.
- Advance the strategy & voice for executive communications; including speaking engagements, media interviews, social media channels, & internal communications
- Establish analyst relations programs with the industrys experts for ongoing communication & education of industry analysts, facilitating analyst briefings and interviews & preparing analyst briefing tours, presentations, & documents
- Recognize impactful policy trends translating those insights into actionable ideas into a cohesive communications strategy.
- Develop strategic communications for public affairs activities, informed by prior experience
- Develop proactive & reactive communications strategies to address issues that could impact the company's reputation. Develop a readiness strategy for crisis, unexpected & time sensitive situations.
- Support a range of corporate issues & crisis communications situations including privacy/ data breach issues, digital technology, investigative reporting, & more
- Experience working with legal teams, both in-house & outside counsel
- Develop, manage, & execute earned events & awards strategy
- Develop internal communication strategy & execution that drives culture & company pillars
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Business, Communications, Public Relations or related field required. Masters' degree in Communications or MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of proven communications experience in corporate/executive communications with a focus on data, technology or platforms & a strong emphasis on public affairs
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high impact strategic external communication plans & results
- Strong media relations experience & relationships not only with traditional journalist but with podcast & social media talent
- Expert knowledge of the data & privacy industry
- Excellent writer & detail-oriented editor with knowledge of journalistic style
- Accomplished communicator & presenter with a track record of success & exceptional business partnering
- Well versed in managing complex issues & multiple priorities with sound judgment & adaptability
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.