At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
We are looking to hire a Senior level Compliance Specialist to help build out our San Francisco based compliance team. This role will be responsible for managing a wide range of compliance operational matters supporting Cloudflares growing business.
At Cloudflare, compliance is seen as an extremely important business function. Not only is it an incredibly important tool to give our customers confidence in our products, but it is also the pathway to a well tuned, functional Information Security management system & program. We do not believe in tick-box security, for us compliance is a pathway to doing things right. For this reason we are extremely careful about which programs we commit to & how we integrate them into the business.
This will be a chance to work on real security problems in a Billion dollar business. We guarantee that you wont get bored.
What you'll do
- Establish, implement & work to improve appropriate security & compliance processes.
- Support & provide Project Management to Cloudflares major compliance programs.
- Work with Internal teams to achieve & report annually on compliance.
- Work with external auditors to achieve compliance within agreed timeframes.
- Advise on all international regulatory & compliance matters.
- Work to constantly improve our security compliance position & status.
- Work to integrate lessons from compliance into the businesss security program.
- Work as part of the Information Security team on constantly improving security.
- Partner with the Sales & Product teams on compliance/regulatory matters regarding our products.
- Have input into the overall compliance strategy.
- Help guide our overall security policy & governance architecture
- Help drive & mature security awareness & compliance across the business.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Senior level experience with working on major compliance programs in a large company: should have managed at least two program initiatives through from start to finish.
- Experience typically gained in 3-6 years working in security compliance.
- Senior level knowledge with several of HIPAA, SOC 2, PCI DSS, ISO 27000 Series, FedRAMP, SOX, & NIST 800-XX frameworks.
- Required to own oversight of achieving specific compliance certifications from top to bottom.
- Intimate knowledge of at least three of the programs listed above
- Strong technical background
- Strong Infosec experience - CISSP, CISM, CCNA, CCNP a big plus
- Security & Risk Management experience - CISA, CRISC, CISM a plus
- Senior level Project Management Experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders
- Ability to work efficiently & independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- People management experience is required.
- Strong communication skills
- Some travel required to engage regulators & customers.
What Makes Us Special
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.