As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
About the Chorus team
Chorus is a platform for digital publishers. Informed by the success of Vox Medias networks & branded content agency, Chorus is a complete media stack for brand & community building, content creation, audience engagement, distribution, measurement, & monetization. Within the Vox Product team, the Chorus team builds innovative tools that enable editorial teams to tell compelling stories; designs dynamic, engaging audience experiences that can travel across myriad platforms & devices; & ensures our editorial teams can learn from & continuously adapt within an ever-changing industry. We are dedicated to cross-disciplinary product thinking & vision, prize thoughtful & collaborative work, & are a remote-first organization.
The Senior Director of Account Management will be a vital part of the Chorus business. You will work closely with prospective & current customers as a trusted advisor & partner, working to understand their company challenges & propose innovative solutions. You will act as a Vox Media product expert who will evangelize the full suite of publisher solutions to our partners & the industry as a whole. The Senior Director of Account Management will also be responsible for building, maintaining & leveraging strong & lasting relationships with key internal stakeholders from Product, Legal, Revenue, & Sales.
What youll do:
- Oversee all strategic, operational, & technical aspects of relationships with publishers & our corporate partners. Develop friendly, collaborative, & long-term partnerships
- Promote a customer-centric mentality across the organization
- Own the development & ongoing evolution of the strategy, structure & process for increasing customer retention/growth through a small, but growing team of direct reports
- Develop & implement playbooks for all phases of the customer journey & for different escalation scenarios
- Help oversee the onboarding process, aligning timelines & requests from internal & external stakeholders
- Develop process to work closely with the Chorus product teams to communicate & manage specific product requests, issues or changes from partners
- Evaluate the health of partnerships & identify risk & be decisive to ensure any risk is mitigated
- Communicate customer feedback & sentiment to Marketing, Product & Sales
- Engage directly with customers to gain valuable feedback & establish executive-level relationships
- Be a disciplined business manager, develop a culture of accountability & set up strong operational standards
What youll bring:
- 5+ years driving successful outcomes in customer-facing roles & SaaS companies focused on publishing, content management, content marketing, adtech, social media or other platforms used by leading publishers & brands
- 3+ years managing or mentoring the Account Management or Customer Success function
- Customer-obsessed: enjoy working with customers, solving problems, & growing the partnership throughout a business
- Knowledge on how the power of platforms influence the inner workings of newsrooms & media companies
- A quickness in resolving unexpected challenges, & collaborating with product teams & C-suite executives
- Experience in navigating enterprise organizational structures, negotiating terms, & understanding contracts
- Experience in lowering churn & growing an existing customer base
- Positive, clear, & professional written & phone communication
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Positive outlook, enthusiasm, & strong internal drive
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.