Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
This role will be reporting to the Senior Manager Revenue & Technical Accounting based in Madrid & will be a part of a diverse team who are responsible for the accounting across numerous international legal entities
- Review Contracts for proper, accurate & timely invoicing.
- Keep track of accounts & process incoming payments in compliance with financial policies & procedures.
- Communicate with clients to collect overdue open invoices
- Reconcile payments received with bank, internal tools & general ledger.
- Investigate discrepancies & address clients billing requests.
- Verify billing accounts with accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for & properly posted.
- Generate financial statements & reports detailing billing & accounts receivable status.
- Participate in month end close activities, including the preparation & review of journals for Account Receivable, Reserves.
- Prepare & review monthly reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts.
- Assist in reviewing & updating accounting & internal control procedures.
- Ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls
- Assist with the year-end international & domestic audits (information gathering & financial statement preparation).
- Assist & lead other special projects as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- ACCA/CPA Certified
- At least 3 years experience in financial reporting, accounting or auditing
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Experience with accounting systems (Oracle a plus)
- Advanced IT Skills, particularly in Excel (pivot tables, Vlookups)
- Fluency in English written & oral (at least B2 Upper Intermediate level)
- Proactive & flexible approach
- Ability to work independently in time efficient manner
- Collaborative team player that can communicate effectively with different stakeholders across multiple departments as well as clients