Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Complex Case Management Social Worker to join our Clinical Concierge team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As a telephonic & field social work case management role in which you will educate members on improving health outcomes, assess for SDOH & community resource needs, participate in process improvement & other pilot programs as they arise, & work with the Clinical Concierge Specialist & other Oscar teams to ensure exceptional care for our members.
You will report into the Complex Case Management Lead
- Assist in the coordination of care across a variety of settings (ER, inpatient, post acute, outpatient, home care) while maintaining strict confidentiality & the highest level of professionalism.
- Actively reach out to members undergoing difficult health challenges & help guide them through the healthcare system to improve their overall experience.
- Proactively reach out to hospital case managers to assist with safe discharge planning to appropriate level of care or home
- Complete a comprehensive biopsychosocial needs assessment to help identify member needs.
- Develop an outcome-based plan of care, based on the members input & assessed clinical & social needs with anticipated targeted dates for accomplishment.
- Conduct in-home & facility visits to engage & educate the member (and their family/caregivers)
- Attend doctor appointments with members & collaborate with their providers to assist them in better understanding their plan of care
- Provide members with education related to behavioral health & substance use diagnoses & follow up as needed
- Assess & support SDOH needs of our members & provide resources as needed
- Seek guidance from medical directors to advocate for members to get the appropriate care they need.
- Assist members in crisis to ensure their safety & help them to navigate behavioral health care.
- Act as a member advocate & assist with problem solving, as well as addressing any barriers to care or compliance with the care plan.
- Work with non-clinical teammates in assisting members to navigate the healthcare system, including coaching non-clinicians on how they can add value to all member interactions
- Communicate with members via phone, secure messaging, & in person to provide education on health conditions, new medications, & procedures.
- Participate in surveys, studies, & special projects as assigned.
- 2+ years of clinical experience.
- Masters in Social Work (MSW) from a graduate school approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Behavioral Health Experience
- Case Management experience
- Working knowledge of Milliman Care Guidelines
- Previous work from home & proven comfort with accessing systems remotely
- Bilingual skills (Spanish or Creole)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.