At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
We are OnDecks People Operations team. We think big & empower ONDK for the future. We understand our business. We seek all points of view. We build high-quality partnerships. We ask the right questions to push our partners to think critically about the business.
Come to OnDeck to inform, inspire & connect team members to each other, our strategic goals & our mission of helping small businesses succeed through innovative communication solutions. Create cultural opportunities internally that enhance employee engagement, align with our core values & celebrate what is unique to each office & team, then translate our story externally to candidates.
As the Communications & Employer Brand Specialist at OnDeck on the People Operations team, you will:
- Support Internal Communications Strategy by driving content strategy for companywide intranet platform; developing & executing employee, executive & change management communications; managing companywide content calendar; & facilitating messaging through innovative channels like our Internal Communicators Network & Ask Me Anything sessions
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to identify & produce content, drive communication campaigns, & address & solve for communication gaps & barriers
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure that external & internal communications are consistent, on brand & aligned across platforms & channels
- Enable People Operations teams to meet their communication objectives by providing communications support & consultation on campaigns, initiatives & processes that impact the team member experience
- Play an integral role in supporting our employer brand externally create editorial & oversee content management for various social platforms & sourcing partnerships; drive company award application process; highlight cultural experiences that demonstrate our value proposition & serve our attraction, selection & engagement needs
- Lead companywide Culture Committee responsible for planning & organizing community involvement & volunteering opportunities, sponsorships & guest speaker events
- Support organizational roll-out of diversity & inclusion initiatives including establishing framework for employee resource groups & enhance existing people processes like onboarding & performance
Necessary qualifications for success:
- At least 3 years of communications experience
- 4 year college degree
- Passion for writing, storytelling & working with people
- Experience managing intranet platforms
- Creativity: You have an innovative approach to problem-solving & enjoy ideating with colleagues
- Discipline: Ability to multi-task, take initiative & get the job done
- Emotional intelligence: Success in this role requires strong interpersonal skills, proven intuition, & ability to craft messages with the audience in mind
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Ability to facilitate in-person training sessions
- Experience planning companywide celebrations & managing partnerships with philanthropic institutions
- Knowledge of various tools & processes for measuring communication impact
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing & thriving enterprises. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, were reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble & strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each & every team member plays an important role in our companys success. Thats why we strive to provide you & your family with a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**