To power critical decisions in healthcare with data science-driven technology
The Aetion Evidence Platform is the leading software solution for evaluating the safety, effectiveness & value of medications. We partner with global life sciences customers to improve time-to-market for medications, enhance market access, expedite interactions with the FDA, & contracts with payers. When partnering with payers, we identify precise therapies improve patient outcomes at lower cost. Our technology & team propel the transformation of health care into a value-based system built on trust of shared data-based evidence.
The Director of Engineering plans, organizes & directs Aetions software engineering teams to meet company objectives for product development & continued improvement of the data analytics platform. This individual will focus on structuring & growing the organization as well as improving Engineering processes & best practices. This role will also involve significant influence over the companys architectural direction & the technology roadmap.
As a leader, you are an exceptional individual who has deep experience covering the entirety of our technical stack which includes both cloud & on-premise deployments, big-data ingestion & analytics, distributed systems & algorithmic complexity. You are familiar with multi-tenant, service-oriented architecture & have launched several services/microservices from the ground up. You are able to see the big picture & set strategic direction, while not afraid of rolling up your sleeves to get things done when necessary. You have an eye for simplicity & focus on delivering results.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide effective management & leadership to software development teams & senior/principal engineers including career development, mentoring, & performance management
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop technology strategy, & influence the platform & product roadmaps
- Develop project plans, resource requirements, & implementation schedules for new software development projects
- Ensure consistent use of disciplined engineering practices (design, code reviews, testing practices, etc.) in Agile/Scrum based software development projects
- Create a supportive environment that encourages personal development & job fulfillment
- Coordinate with the CTO on developing long-range plans for the Engineering group, including resource capacity planning & talent management.
- 12+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 5+ years managing Agile Engineering teams
- 2+ years of Leadership experience
- Leadership with a vision Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Socialized & Energetic Offices We are in a new office with a modern layout, a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry Meetups & events.
- Ideal Location We are located in the heart of Boston with great views of the city, ample restaurants, cafes, bars, lodging, & shopping. Within ten minutes walking distance of South & North Station Commuter Rails, Logan International Airport, & the beautiful Post Office Square & Boston Public Garden, our office is easily accessible by mass transportation.
- Great Perks We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match & daily lunch provision.
- Aetion is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.