Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Participate in design discussions & implementation of highly scalable & fault-tolerant distributed components using functional programming paradigm, APIs, abstractions & integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems.
- Collaborate with product & software developer teams to establish Certification for production release, automation of End to End use cases, & develop collaboration tools to improve Quality.
- Collaborate with team to build performance test suite. Run simulations with high throughput workload, analyze performance simulation results to fine tune component design & implementation
- Maintain and/or develop automation tools/frameworks to automate functional & regression test scenarios. Execute & confirm automated test during certification cycles
- Develop test scripts, test conditions, input test data, & expected results for one or more test plans in a development cycle by analyzing the Functional Specifications & Business Requirements.
- Manage all communications related to QA Status on a daily basis during execution. Reporting potential risks during all any stages of development lifecycle.
- Establish quality process to ensure software quality in a continuous integration environment
- Work with the development team to resolve any issues that arise out of the testing process.
- Work across the team to ensure the team is predictable, productive, & delivering high quality.
- Ensuring adherence to the company's software testing processes & policies
- Retain Audit compliance while supporting end users during their testing cycle. Provide daily updates on the QA activities in scrum calls.
- Strong internal customer relationships are essential & this position will work with Business Partners, internal staff, external vendors & system integrators on a daily basis to ensure quality assurance is performed in alignment with global initiatives & requirements across the enterprise Offshore-Onsite co-ordination with the teams.
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- BS or MS in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in design & development of large scale information products & services.
- Excellent verbal & writtencommunication skills.
- Extensive Experience & understanding in leading QA process.
- Extraordinary software engineering talent.
- Experience with Unit, Acceptance, Performance, Non-functional test, Certification test lifecycle,BDD/TDD methodology.
- Experience in API based test automation frameworks - Cucumber, Selenium, Gherkin etc
- Strong Hadoop ecosystem knowledge as well as batch testing expertise.
- Good Knowledge in executing automation scripts on Continues Integration (CI) tool like Jenkins.
- Knowledge of functional programming languages like Scala or the ability to learn them quickly.
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing & high frequency transactions is a big plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of VISA business & Payment applications desirable.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.