Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced & entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history & experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail & technology & are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, & your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
At Trunk Club, we're building the future of retail, enabled through technology. On the Data Services team, we believe data has the power to drive a business forward, & we push every day to enable data-driven decisions across all aspects of the organization. We have hundreds of data sources, a robust enterprise data warehouse & use Tableau for visual analytics. Some of the tools & platforms we work with are Python, SQL, AWS (S3, Lambda, EC2), Spark & many other open-source technologies.
- Building end-to-end data integration & data warehousing solutions for analytics teams.
- Designing & creating services & system architecture.
- Building & maintaining enterprise data platforms.
- Working daily with SQL & Python & using Spark for big data processing.
- Using analytical & problem-solving skills to take complex business requests & transform them into clean, simple data solutions.
- Brainstorming & contributing ideas to our technology, algorithms, & products.
- Working with an agile mindset to deliver small projects quickly in order to provide value & gain feedback in a production environment.
- Bringing insight & experience to the Data Services team through mentoring other engineers.
- Building out architecture & API integrations for tools & platforms
- Taking ownership of projects to lead them to completion
- Creating amazing user experiences for both internal & external customers.
What we are looking for
- Someone whom has implemented serverless microservices
- Familiarity in containerization with Docker
- 1-2+ years experience building Big Data pipelines in a streaming fashion
- Deep understanding of Hadoop, Hive or Spark with repeated experience
- Ability to mentor others in Big Data technologies
How we work
- With collaboration. We frequently pair program. We work at pairing stations - two keyboards, two minds, one outcome.
- With transparency. We work in an open team room; no cubicles or private offices. Communication is key to our process, & we don't want to hinder it with walls.
- With agility. We dont believe in following a process for processs sake. We ship frequently & focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy & inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths & interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars
Who you are
- An Analyst. You are able to take complex requests & transform them into clean, simple data solutions.
- A Learner. You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge & greater understanding.
- A Pragmatist. Your goal is to create useful products, not build technology for technologys sake.
- A Closer. You are someone who loves to get stuff done, & done well.