Manage & execute our critical payment processes
Since GoCardless was set up in 2011, we have been focused on taking pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they do best. We already process over 7bn each year for thousands of businesses, & we are growing fast.
We work with a huge range of organisations: from small gyms & scout groups to large energy providers & travel companies, all using us to reduce admin & power their growth.
Weve been spending the last year expanding our offering outside of UK & Europe & are now operating 7 different payment schemes (and will be adding the US soon) & serving merchants in over 30 countries, with offices in Melbourne, Paris, Munich & of course, London (our HQ).
Were backed by some of the worlds leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital & Y Combinator.
About the team
The Payment Operations team is crucial to GoCardless global payment processing. We are responsible for ensuring GoCardless customers are paid on time, every time, anywhere in the world. Working alongside our Engineering team, we are building a world class payment operation & need your help to get there.
About the role
Were looking for a dedicated individual to join our Payments Operations team. You will be responsible for the day to day running of our critical payment processes - which are the core part of GoCardless that makes sure money gets from A to B every day. Customers rely on us to process their payments correctly, so its vital that you can ensure timely, accurate & compliant payment processing & take care of any manual interventions required.
Based in our London office, you will interact with a number of different teams across the company, such as Customer Support, Risk & Compliance & Engineering, to tackle our customers payment queries. You will also speak with external parties, such as banks & suppliers, so being able to communicate in a clear & concise manner is imperative.
This role will give you a good understanding of a number of payment systems across the world & an opportunity to learn the key players in each. A key focus will be to document team processes, mainly around how these payment systems work, in order to enhance & share knowledge across GoCardless.
We are expanding internationally so shift work will be required to make sure we process payments across different time zones.
What we're looking for
- You have exceptional attention to detail, are organised & diligent
- You dont lose focus & always look for ways to improve - even if the task is repetitive
- You have a tremendous sense of urgency tempered by the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Youre curious to learn & not afraid to ask when you dont know the answer
- You are keen to share knowledge
- You can prioritise multiple tasks & switch between them effortlessly
- You have an immense sense of ownership & proactively fix problems when problems occurs
- You like to dive into details to find the right answer & always follow through to the end
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills
- You have strong analytical skills & can identify where improvements are needed
Prior knowledge of payments is a plus but not a requirement. We will teach you what you need to know!
- Generous holiday allowance
- Private health insurance
- Private pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Generous maternity & paternity leave
- Training budget for your personal development
- Breakfast, drinks & snacks
- Company lunch every month
- Volunteer time
- Yoga, football & basketball
- Plus many more
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds & we welcome diversity if you're unsure, please apply.