About the Team
The Accounting team at Harrys is a part of Global Finance & responsible for recording transactions, validating completeness & accuracy, recording & presenting actual results of the financials of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for the Harrys brand in North America.
About the Role
This position will be reporting to the Personal Care Accounting team, while rotating through the following teams: Personal Care, Emerging Brands, Consolidation & Tax. Within the Global Accounting team, you will play a key role in learning about & helping the team establish strong controls around our month end close process, including performing account reconciliations for various accounts within multiple brands & entities related to revenue & contra adjustments, cash, & accounts receivable, all while giving the team the ability to scale with our growing businesses.
What you can expect from our summer internship program:
- Learn about Harrys history & culture through our Summer Intern onboarding experience
- Socialize & build your network through regular check-ins, lunches & events with fellow interns
- Develop relationships with & secure guidance from mentors from your immediate team & from one of our seven Employee Resource Groups
- Participate in regular Q&As with Harrys leadership
- Highlight projects you observed & contributed to in an End of Summer Wrap-Up with your fellow interns, in a fun & engaging forum
You will observe, learn about, & accomplish:
- Support/observe the team with Month End closing tasks relating to revenue, accounts receivable, cash, & other general ledger accounts; all while collaborating with various teams across the organization
- Support/observe the retail accounting manager with invoicing & accounts receivable collections
- Support/observe the team with daily cash applications & monthly cash reconciliations
- Assist with developing, documenting, & improving processes & policies to drive financial discipline across the company
- Assist with researching recent accounting standards updates
- Assist with tying out of quarterly financial statements
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Learn more about each of our brands (Harrys, Flamingo, Lume & Cat Person)
- Gain an understanding of how each of our brands consolidate to form Harrys
- Gain an understanding of how our various accounting functions successfully work together to provide impactful reporting to Leadership
You should apply if some or all of the following apply to you:
- Working on or completed a degree in accounting
- Ability to dive into solving problems & data inconsistency
- Ability to collaborate within teams
- Advanced Excel skills
- Solid interpersonal & communication skills
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report to the Personal Care Assistant Controller
- You will work closely with various teams across the accounting function, including the Personal Care, Emerging Brands, Consolidation & Tax teams
Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salaries are based on paying competitively for our size & industry. The base salary for this position is $25/hour.
We will be accepting applications until March 2023. We will contact select applicants regarding next steps at that time.