Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is seeking an experienced leader to run the product marketing function for CyberSource, the global payments management platform within Visa.
The Senior Director, Product Marketing role will lead a team responsible for driving the adoption & growth of CyberSource & Authorize.Net products & solutions. The successful candidate must have experience closely partnering with product & sales leaders on successful product revenue or product adoption programs in the dynamic payments industry. This thought leader will also represent the full product roadmap & suite of product & solution offerings in content relevant to external clients & partners. Success in this position requires a strong understanding of the payments & fraud ecosystem, merchants, acquirers & technology partners. The leader of this team will need to be a bold, hands-on, operational manager who is able execute against business objectives while growing & developing teams & individuals.
This role will work closely with our global product & development team to deeply understand the product capabilities & value for our targeted markets. They will also have deep expertise on competitor's products & positioning & will keep up on emerging trends. They will have a relentless focus on customer-centric messaging rooted in solving our client's problems & should be skilled at distilling a complex map of features & capabilities into a clear & engaging storyline.
This team will lead much of our thought leadership practice & will take a primary role in establishing CyberSource as a leader & thinker in the payments industry. The best-suited candidate be a persuasive, inspiring & visionary communicator with high emotional intelligence & will possess a strong accomplishment record of motivating teams. They will act as a visible champion of our messaging & positioning both internally & externally. This role reports to the Vice President, Head of Marketing for CyberSource.
Office Locations: San Francisco, Austin, or Lehi
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Proven & seasoned B2B Marketing expertise, with a deep knowledge & understanding of the payments & merchant acquiring space
- Inspiring, engaging people leader & communicator, able to set a vision & bring people with them
- Ability to operate in a hyper-growth environment
- Strategic mind-set, with exceptional clarity of thought combined with a hands on, detailed oriented approach when needed
- Deeply customer centric & passionate about understanding the needs of our clients
- Experienced & credible in building valuable relationships & influencing senior leaders & decision-makers
- Ability to build customer centric marketing capabilities with his/her team; creativity, KPI measurement, strategic messaging
- Highly skilled in metric based decision making
- 15+ years of progressive marketing team leadership experience
- 10+ years of payments industry experience
- Managing a team responsible for the creation of content for CyberSource products & solutions including, but not limited to, decks, videos, slicks, demos & blogs.
- Overseeing the creation of executive content for external presentations & events
- Cultivating a team of engaging storytellers willing to be daring & bold in the articulation of the overall CyberSource value prop
- Market intelligence-will be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy & their key buying criteria
- Understanding the competitive landscape-an expert on our competition & how they are positioned
- Collaborating with product management & marketing peers to develop product positioning & messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas
- Understanding & documenting our buyer's process, including where they get information, & the who, what, when & why behind the decisions they make
- Developing a marketing plan for our products, including key activities & budgets to support the retention of existing customers & the acquisition of new customers
- Assessing the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support our products & solutions on an ongoing basis with a keen eye on KPI & ROI targets
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work30-40% of the time & will work outside normal business hours to support a global team.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.