The Field Quality Engineer is the product quality representative connecting the field with the Operations, Manufacturing, & Design teams within Peloton. You have the technical ability, problem solving skills, & communication skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, & solve issues alongside our field operations team. Your quick response brings immediate issue awareness & drives resolution to resolve & prevent issues. You're an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible & enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
This job is based in the US & requires 30% domestic & possible international travel.
- Analyze Customer Support, Field Operations, & COQ trends & work with Hardware Engineering, Sustaining Design & Manufacturing teams to provide detailed data, parts, units to understand root cause & corrective actions.
- Manage Field Failure Analysis process (identify, route & triage field failures) in coordination with Logistics & Operations teams.
- Facilitate the communication of customer concerns, issues, & trends to all functions including suppliers.
- Work closely with the US (including traveling to the site) & Asia teams to drive & close root cause identification activities in order to improve product quality.
- Assist Data Analytics in defining & optimizing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to communicate program statuses to the broader management team.
- Define efficient quality rework procedures. Coordinate resources & equipment & execute reworks.
- Advise/recommend rework procedure, method, required resources
- Develop & gain approval of rework plans
- Coordinate execution of rework plans
- Coordinate actions/repairs in warehouse locations & at supplier
- Communicate results of implementation
- Verify results of implementation
- Responsible for the creation, implementation & revision control of Standard Operating Procedures to be provided to Customer Support, Field Technicians, & other parties.
- BS in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering, electrical engineering, or other technical discipline.
- 5 or more years experience
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Proven track record for driving & closing cross-disciplinary projects
- Must be familiar with 8D problem solving method
- Lean/Six Sigma, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Experience with ISO 9001 a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is aglobal interactive fitness platformthat brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, includingFast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50,Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well asTIME's Genius Companies. Visitwww.onepeloton.com/careersto learn more about joining our team.