As a Director of Software Engineering for eCommerce, you will be responsible for managing Shutterstocks front end website that spans across multiple business units. You will be responsible for leading & providing strategic direction to the three engineering teams related to the eCommerce business, as well as maintaining & owning tight SLAs & KPIs on your applications. The teams are fully ramped-up & include areas like search & discovery, customer acquisition & checkout/activation flows. Your goals are to continually simplify the process flows & set-up your teams for success. You thrive in an Agile environment.
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters creativity & open communication, as well as one that demands discipline & results.
- Build a first-class Engineering team that will scale as the company & business grows, identifying & filling any organizational gaps.
- Be responsible for the eCommerce front-end site & teams (Search & Discovery, Acquisition, & Activation).
- Work with, train & mentor engineering managers & senior engineers to lead & manage their own teams.
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine agile processes, & create methods to increase efficiency.
- Investigate, analyze, & evangelize (if necessary) programming methodologies such as test-driven development, pair programming, etc.
- Perform personnel management tasks for all developers, including hiring, firing, performance reviews, promotions, compliance with company policies, mentoring, & helping plan career growth.
- Train new engineering managers & senior engineers on our standards, culture, & policies.
- Continually strengthen & simplify the Content ecosystem.
- Report to the VP of Engineering, & communicate project status & risks when necessary.
- Encourage active participation in all phases of the project lifecycle, & work with project management to remove impediments & provide visibility to stakeholders.
- Proven track record of meeting aggressive schedules; clearly defining deliverables & timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments & manage teams to successful project completion.
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor & coach who understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented developers.
- 3+ years leading multiple teams (each team having 4-5 engineers).
- Experience building front end enterprise level eCommerce sites.
- Strong knowledge of Front end technologies like React, testing methodologies, pipelines & processes
- 5+ years experience programming in at least one OO language.
- 5+ years experience in backend software development building & designing websites using any modern development languages at scale, powering multiple consumers.
- Strong Software development fundamentals, data structures, design patterns, Object-Oriented programming, architecture, algorithms & problem solving skills.
- Deep understanding & experience working on distributed/high trafficked systems, & preferably real-time systems & workflows with an emphasis on end-to-end speed.
- Experience with & enthusiasm for agile principles & values.
- Excellent analytic, communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks & balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring that the highest priority objectives are met.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V