dv01 is lifting the curtain on the largest financial market in the world: structured finance. The $16+ trillion market is the backbone of everyday activities that empower financial freedom, from consolidating credit card debt & refinancing student loans, to buying a home & starting a small business.
dv01s data analytics platform brings unparalleled transparency into investment performance & risk for lenders & Wall Street investors in structured products. As a data-first company, we wrangle critical loan data & build modern analytical tools that enable strategic decision-making for responsible lending. In a nutshell, we're helping prevent a repeat of the 2008 global financial crisis by offering the data & tools required to make smarter, data-driven decisions resulting in a safer world for all of us.
More than 400 of the largest financial institutions use dv01 for our coverage of over 75 million loans spanning mortgages, personal loans, auto, buy-now-pay-later programs, small business, & student loans. dv01 continues to expand coverage of new markets, adding loans monthly, & developing new technologies for the structured products universe.
To get a better idea of what a year at dv01 looks like, check out our 2020 Year in Review page here: https://dv01.co/year-in-review/2020/ If that looks like fun to you, get in touch because we'd love to hear from you.
- Drive ESG innovation & strategy for structured products. The Environmental, Social, & Governance investing framework has grown at an unmatched pace over the last decade, today accounting for 35% of all US-based assets under management. While the ESG standards, data, ratings & tools necessary to apply this framework to equities exist, there are no such solutions for structured products. You will be the driving force behind every detail of dv01s ESG solution. You will work with industry associations, investors, issuers & conduct your own research to identify what is needed to evolve dv01s offering & capitalize on our first mover advantage to develop a market-leading solution.
- Be responsible for the overall development of our ESG business line. ESG offers many mechanisms for monetization within structured products. You will be responsible for prioritizing development to optimize for sales & solutions that ideally serve various types of clients. As you develop products, you will be part of the tip of the spear in selling these products to the market & defining a business model with strong economic unit metrics. You will help define the goals that will drive continued growth for all teams.
- Get in the weeds with all internal stakeholders. You will be the subject matter expert & owner of our product vision. As such, you will work with & be a resource to many teams from design & product, to data & web engineering, & marketing & sales. Expect to play a role assisting or working with all teams to reach the goals.
- 4+ years of experience in ESG. You are intimately familiar with ESG standards & solutions. You have worked with ESG data & understand the issues posed in developing ESG solutions. You have a thorough understanding of varying client needs & drivers, & have worked these issues through to delivery.
- Vision to see & the ability to define many paths. You have a proven ability to understand market needs & translate your understanding to product solutions business objectives.
- No Ego. Willingness to do the behind the scenes work. As the driving force behind the business unit, you are happy to roll up your sleeves & do any work needed to drive the business forward. You can expect this to range from reading papers on new standards & investor reporting packages, to sifting through data to identify what should be incorporated into our solution, identifying target clients, & defining specifications for the engineering team.
- Master of Context Switching. Every one of your days will be different & they will include various combinations of work. Company strategy sessions, data research, client calls, sales calls, industry association meetings, partnership discussions, & assisting internal teams working on the ESG initiative are some of responsibilities you should expect to jump between. You need to be able to manage switching contexts numerous times per day & always bringing your same energy & engagement.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. As the leader & subject matter expert, you should expect to be asked to participate in many calls & produce content that shares your ideas, direction & strategy. This will include sales collateral, slides for board of directors meetings, product specifications, contributing to internal & external documentation, & presentations defining strategic objectives & our path to accomplishing them.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Highly collaborative culture (weekly town halls, virtual cross-team coffee hour)
- Almost 100% paid benefits (medical/dental/vision)
- Continuous learning (prototype/hackathon day, brunch & learns, Scala overviews)
- Weekly $100 lunch allowance
- Free premium Equinox membership
- Unlimited PTO
- Company virtual & in-person outings (social distance safe picnics, happy hours, team qi gong, book club, etc.)
- Casual, collaborative culture
dv01 is an equal opportunity employer & all qualified applicants & employees will receive consideration for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable law.