With a mission to build the worlds leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content, interactivity, & integrated wagering, fuboTV (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industrys current TV model. fuboTV operates in the U.S., Canada, Spain and, through its acquisition of Molotov, in France.
Fubo Gaming, a subsidiary of fuboTV, launched Fubo Sportsbook, a next-generation mobile sportsbook purpose-built to integrate with fuboTV, in 2021.
Were rapidly growing in employees, subscribers & our content offerings. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
fuboTV is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds & traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the Role:
fuboTV is looking for exceptional iOS/tvOS engineers with a passion for crafting simple systems that solve complex problems.
As a Senior Software Engineer / Software Engineer on our Video Playback Team, you will develop the heart of the application which is the Video Player Framework. Your day to day will include adding new features to our video player & improving existing ones through metrics & performance analysis.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers / Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, measurement & performance, continuous integration & deployment, SOLID design principles, test-driven development, & agile (with a lowercase a) methodologies.
Our iOS tech stack:
- Swift codebase
- AVFoundation for video playback
- CI using fastlane running unit/integration tests automatically deploying to Testflight
fuboTV Senior Software Engineers / Software Engineers have the following responsibilities:
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain & improve software systems
- Collaborate with other engineers & members of the fuboTV team to determine priorities & best practices, & refine functional requirements
All fuboTV iOS Senior Software Engineers / Software Engineers must:
- Have experience delivering working software on both iOS mobile & tvOS AppleTV
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Have a strong knowledge of iOS/tvOS SDK, different versions of iOS/tvOS
- Advanced knowledge of Swift. Functional programming knowledge preferred
- Able to work on your own & move forward with minimal requirements
- Able to guide junior engineers through tough problems
- Strong debugging & performance testing experience
- Be familiar with RESTful APIs to connect iOS/tvOS applications to backend services
- Strong knowledge of iOS & tvOS UI design principles, patterns, & best practices
The ideal candidate will also:
- Experience with AVFoundation, Chromecast Sender SDK & other Media Player Frameworks
- Familiar with video streaming & an understanding of HLS & DASH video delivery
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving startup environment in which individual contributors are trusted & depended upon to set technical direction
- Believe that work-life balance is a characteristic of highly functioning engineering teams
- Enjoy learning new things & sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Take the initiative in identifying & removing roadblocks
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving & receiving honest feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
- Enjoy disrupting the status quo
Perks & Benefits:
- At fuboTV, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Professional development courses & learning opportunities
- fuboTV provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience & market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, & commuter benefits
- Free Premium fuboTV Account
- Health & Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days & regular company-wide activities.
- fuboTV's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan.
- fuboTV is an e-verified company