Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is a critical part of our high-performing sales team. As an SDR, you will be responsible for uncovering & developing qualified opportunities from inbound leads as well as via creative outbound prospecting for our Stack Overflow for Teams Sales Team. Reporting to the Director of Sales Development, you will be challenged, you will develop as a sales professional, & you will have fun!
What youll do:
- Create new business opportunities to drive Stack Overflows growth
- Work closely with Sales Executives to ensure smooth handoff & a good experience for our future customers
- Engage with key stakeholders at target accounts within a set region
- Provide feedback & viewpoint from the customer & sales team to help improve the Stack Overflows product & business
- Advocate for the Stack Overflows platform & our position within the global developer community
- Perform daily prospecting activities including:
- Pre-call research & planning
- Connecting with prospects on the phone
- Following up with previous contacts (nurturing leads)
- Maintaining Salesforce records
- Social selling
What youll need to have:
- 1-3 years of proven excellence in business development, preferably in SaaS or technology-based company
- Focused, self-motivated, outgoing, curious, & creative personality
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with a strong & professional presence to high-level executives
- Ability to self manage tasks & achieve target numbers for contacts & opportunities
- A desire to pursue a career in software sales
- Passion about the Stack Overflow story & our global connection to developers & ways that we can help them learn, share, & level up
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with G-suite & Salesforce, is a plus
What we value:
- Servant Leadership: The best managers lead by empowering & inspiring their team to do their best work.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds & disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect & trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness & transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. Were committed to policies & benefits that support people, & managers who foster an open & inclusive culture.
What youll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
If you want to work remotely. Well reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office Youll be in our headquarters in New York City, & enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, & all the espresso you can drink.
Were a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), youll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.