Betterment is a technology-driven financial services company that offers services for spending & saving, alongside its core investing & retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, Betterment empowers its hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money for today, tomorrow, & someday through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; & tax-smart strategies that help keep taxes low. Learn more www.betterment.com.
About the Role:
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is responsible for facilitating corporate-level decision-making at Betterment, guiding company-wide financial planning, & scaling new & existing financial processes. They maintain the companys operating model, provide forward-looking analysis across the organization to support business outcomes, & analyze capital allocation decisions. This role will report into the Senior Director of FP&A & join a tight-knit team that is an integral part of the organization. This group is a trusted advisor to business leaders to plan & project for the future but nimble when it comes to the conditions changing.
This role is not remote eligible. We are looking to hire this role based in our NYC office location, where we offer hybrid working conditions.
A Day in the Life:
- Manage complex models within the companys financial model, including forecasting, budgeting, & long-range planning.
- Lead the financial planning process for important teams; including building/maintaining operating & financial models, managing investment budgets for teams to ensure they have resource allocations to invest properly behind important projects.
- Support strategic decisions, including projects on pricing design & analysis, customer behavior & unit economics, LTV / ROI of marketing efforts, market/competitive landscape benchmarking, & other data-driven analysis.
- Partner with departments (e.g., Accounting, Analytics, Sales & Marketing, & others) to report on the financial impact of decisions across the company.
- Assist in preparing materials with the CFO, including board decks, investors materials, & other executive updates.
What Were Looking For:
- Industry experience with budgeting / planning, financial modeling, & decision analytics (e.g. FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, private equity).
- Driven self-starter that enjoys rolling up your sleeves & building complex financial models in Excel or similar tools.
- A knack for taking raw data, analyzing, drawing conclusions, & developing actionable recommendations.
- Ability to wear multiple hats -- act as a financial model guru, internal consultant, & business strategist.
- Strengths in working across disciplines to present & instantly build rapport with stakeholders.
- Undergraduate degree in finance / economics / accounting / mathematics preferred
- Experience in working with Netsuite, SQL, or Looker a plus.
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, & continuing on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
Youll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, & celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 6 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, & help us shape Betterments culture & product for years to come.
Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up & cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, benefit packages that fit your needs (infertility & World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits available), flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements & a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- Youll have unlimited paid personal & vacation days, & a team that cares about your whole life, not just what youre working on.
Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing & transparency you can opt into mentoring & career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, & show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com
What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, well look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, & motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 2-3 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability & sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that were unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, & our hiring team simply doesnt have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support & advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.