BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed Latam is looking for a thoughtful, strategic Content Operations & Production Manager to assist in managing its branded & editorial content business. In this highly collaborative role, you will ensure that our content is planned & produced to the highest possible standards, kept within scope, & aligned with BuzzFeed Latams goals.
This is a full-time position based in Mexico City, reporting to our Sr. Director, Global Content Operations.
- Help ensure resources are optimized, revenue is supported, & work is kept in scope
- Build & manage timelines for dedicated projects
- Assist with our internal translations process
- Maintain & update internal documents & databases
- Oversee freelance invoices & contracts
- Collaborate with other members of the Ops, Content, & Sales teams on ongoing projects, both in-market & globally
- Analyze the existing workflows (production & otherwise) & make recommendations for maximum output & efficiency
- Maintain a database of production freelance personnel, including casting directors, cinematographers, camera operators, hair & make-up artists, production assistants, & other crew positions, at various price points, with various degrees of experience
- Maintain relationships with production companies, to which entire projects can be outsourced
- Create production budgets for prospective & active projects
- Organize, inventory, & resource all company-owned production equipment, including camera bodies, lenses, lights, audio equipment, & peripherals
- Source & hire production freelancers on a project basis
- Ensure that Latam staffers follow the established project wrap & archiving process
- Ensure that branded productions are prioritized while also supporting editorial video output
- Maintain a database of freelance editors, at various price points, with various degrees of experience
- Book assistant editors, editors, colorists, post-sound mixers, & other freelance personnel, as needed
- Organize, inventory, & resource all company-owned post-production equipment, including computers, hard drives, & peripherals
- 3-5 years of relevant experience at an agency, media/publishing company, production company, or startup
- A deep understanding of branded content
- Experience working with, speaking with, and/or managing clients
- A proficient understanding of video pre-production, production, & post-production
- A strong comfort level prioritizing & managing a high volume of work
- The ability to work autonomously
- High emotional intelligence & the capacity to collaborate with diverse working styles
- Knowledge of web integration tools, Google Sheets, Movie Magic, Premiere, After Effects, frame.io, & Photoshop.
- A willingness to get scrappy & creative to solve problems & get things done
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.