SoundHound builds voice AI products that make it easier for people to engage with the world around them. We do this by creating custom voice assistants that allow companies to extend their brand in new & meaningful ways. Today, our customized voice AI solutions allow people to talk to phones, cars, smart speakers, mobile apps, coffee machines, & every other part of the emerging voice-first world.
This role requires native-level proficiency speaking Korean, & an interest in NLU (Natural Language Understanding) but does not require prior NLU experience. You will be learning & using the most advanced technologies in the fields of Natural Language Understanding, Speech, Search, & AI, all built in-house here at SoundHound Weve worked hard to build a platform that enables individual developers to implement deep natural language user experiences very rapidly, often within days. Youll be part of a highly collaborative internationally dispersed team & your work will directly contribute to a revolution in the way people interact with the devices around them: by speaking naturally.
In this role you will:
- Simultaneously leverage your coding skills & your knowledge of the Korean language
- Develop Conversational AI leveraging a powerful domain-oriented development paradigm
- Implement & scale core code base, solving both algorithmic & design challenges
- Write code that interacts with third-party APIs
- Collaborate closely with engineers working on NLU for other languages
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have excellent coding skills in C++ & at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, LUA, bash, etc)
- You have experience designing efficient architectures, algorithms, & interfaces
- You enjoy working on hard open-ended challenges, & improving existing solutions
- Youre comfortable working in a Linux environment
- You have a BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
Wed be especially excited to hear from you if you are already familiar with voice recognition, have experience manipulating & conditioning large amounts of data, or have worked extensively with text relevance algorithms. Proficiency with additional spoken languages beyond Korean & English is also a plus.
Here at SoundHound, diversity, equity, & inclusion are key to who we are as a company. With a mission to build Voice AI for the world, creating a team with global perspectives is critical to our success.
We care deeply about fostering an environment where everyone is supported & can do their best work. SoundHound will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the interview process, perform essential job functions, & receive other benefits of employment.
Employees enjoy comprehensive health care, paid time off, discounted fitness classes, & flexible working hours. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, & culture at https://soundhound.com/careers/.
Come join our growing team & bring your unique voice to our mission!