Deliveroo is on a mission to be the definitive food company. We want to be the platform that people turn to whenever they think about food. We continue to operate in a competitive marketplace but have achieved so much over the past year, including significant growth in our Grocery, Editions, Signature & Plus businesses.
We continue to innovate & challenge ourselves on what we should deliver next to achieve our mission. We are investing & building out teams to help us launch new innovative products. It's an exciting time to join & while we have made great progress, we are just getting started!
Purpose of Role
The Training Manager partners with Site Operations Management across our Editions business to develop & deliver onboarding & training for our site based employees, ensuring they have the appropriate training to fulfil their roles. In addition, the role holder will own our site standard operating procedures, ensuring our site based staff are trained & updated as processes evolve.
This role will involve regular travel to our sites in order to deliver training sessions.
The Training Manager is accountable for:
- Partnering with site management & other key stakeholders to:
- Develop a scalable onboarding programme for site based employees
- Develop training plans & supporting material for each of our site based roles
- Determine mandatory training requirements for each site based role
- Determine frequency of training - weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual
- Determine those is scope for particular training interventions
- Partnering with site management to:
- Deliver training interventions - classroom, virtual, train-the-trainer, & hands-on training interventions / activities eg: tool box talks
- Proactively identify capability gaps & implement solutions to address
- Maintaining accurate training records, ensuring that we can evidence onboarding & training undertaken by site based employees
- Partnering with external training vendors as required
- Owning & evolving our standard operating procedures
- Ad Hoc training support as required
- Experience analysing & diagnosing training needs
- Experience of developing standard operating procedures
- Experience designing training programs & workshops
- Experience delivering training programmes
- Experience coordinating training programmes, including logistics booking
- Experience working with third party training programme providers
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems - Docebo a bonus but not essential
- Excellent organisational skills
- Great interpersonal & communication skills
- Proficiency in G-Suite & Slack
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient & accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when & where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy & ownership, & we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.