Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the Customer Success Manager role:
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) role is an evolving role at OpenGov as the company matures its ERP Cloud business. To learn OpenGov's customers, technology, & marketplace, this role assumes Senior Account Management responsibilities for customers in a strategic region/segment of our business in the first 2-4 quarters of onboarding.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) works closely with customers, account executives, & field leadership to proactively ensure churn prevention, customer health for retention/renewal, & identify expansion opportunities for a regionally assigned customer base. The CSM's primary responsibilities are net retention & renewals of the assigned region/segment. The CSM will act as a control center to manage to upsell & cross-sell identification, identify & bring customer issues to support, follow & address risk signals among their customer base.
This is a role that has an intentional path of professional career growth by onboarding a well-rounded business professional to grow into a Sr. Customer Success Manager or management role as the company expands its customer base & product portfolio.
Customer Manager Responsibilities:
• KPIs (MBO): Adoption (usage), Program Expansion, Relationships & Satisfaction (NPS) & Commercial (retention & upsells).
• Use a consultative approach to drive platform adoption, engagement, & expansion across a territory of 40-70 government customers
• Build strong relationships with customers & make them OpenGov evangelists, ensuring high customer retention & satisfaction rates.
• Become the go-to person & escalation point for issues & opportunities by key personnel at the customer.
• Monitor customers' health, usage, & ongoing/changing needs & execute playbooks to assist them in maximizing value from our solutions
• Maintain a deep understanding of the product & communicate features & functionality that will improve their workflow
• Develop & executes plans to expand relations with the customers at both elected & appointed official levels, in a multitude of ways: electronic, direct, face-to-face.
• Understand the agencies' big picture”, proactively position value, & assist with execution
• Support the Professional Services & Technical Support teams in deploying solutions, training customers, & driving more effective usage
• Compliment key product discussions by gathering & communicating customer feedback & feature requests Occasionally travel to meet customers in-person
• Identify expansion opportunities, manage upsells on your own, & coordinate / tee-up cross-sell with sales executives.
• 3-6 years of experience in Customer Success Management within a fast-growing company.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product & respond strategically to customer needs.
• Proven experience working at SaaS companies & solutions.
• Strong interpersonal skills & track record of building collaborative relationships.
• Familiarity with sales cycles in competitive markets.
• Technical aptitude & proficiency with Salesforce as well as emerging CS solutions like CSM platforms (i.e. Gainsight, Komiko, etc), in-app guidance, marketing automation, & more.
• Experience with government budgeting concepts & practices and/or finance/budgeting solutions is a plus.
• Exceptional presentation, organizational, & communication skills (both written & verbal).