WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
Hitched is the UKs leading digital wedding business providing an end-to-end service of inspiration, planning tools & a wedding vendor marketplace that couples use to arrange their perfect wedding. The central operating model of the business is a highly successful subscription marketplace that connects couples with wedding venues & suppliers. Now in its 24th year, Hitched was acquired in January 2020 by The Knot Worldwide.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Client Billing team works to resolve past due balances on active vendor accounts & drive top-line revenue. Our goal is to recover outstanding balances for the company & ensure vendors billing profiles are up to date so that they retain full access to their account(s). Additionally, the Billing Specialist will be responsible for applying & reconciling customer cash receipts, calculating customer credits, & providing weekly analyses on outstanding debt. We pride ourselves on impeccable service & support & do what it takes to retain our loyal client base while working to meet business needs.
We are seeking an individual who is activity & outcome oriented, has a strong work ethic & willingness to win. The ideal candidate will thrive in challenging situations, responds well when faced with adversity. You arent afraid to pick up the phone to have tough conversations & problem-solve. Moreover, youre willing to go above & beyond your call of duty in order to do whats right for both the company & our vendors.
- Contact vendors to resolve outstanding amounts & payments
- Provide excellent customer service by answering customer billing & account questions via phone & email
- Process CC/ACH payments & update payment & contact information
- Apply & reconcile daily cash receipts
- Calculate customer credits & initiate refunds when necessary
- Keep organised & detailed documents on collection notes weekly
- Negotiate & create customised payment plans for specific clients who qualify
- Consistently hit & exceed daily activity & monthly collection targets
- Assist Accounting Manager with ad-hoc projects as needed
SUCCESSFUL BILLING SPECIALIST CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Experience in collections, accounts payable/receivable, billing, debt recovery
- Sales/business development or customer service-related experience
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Acute listening skills
- An excellent phone presence
- Strong organisation skills
- High Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- The ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- A solution-oriented mindset
IT'S A BONUS IF:
- You have experience using Salesforce or a similar CRM
- You have experience in NetSuite and/or Zuora billing system
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.