ACVs mission is to build & enable the most trusted & efficient digital marketplaces for buying & selling used vehicles with transparency & comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the worlds best people & the industrys best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit & rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACVs network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation & ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 & Data Services.
What you will be doing:
- Draft, review, & negotiate a wide variety of agreements that support & enable business operations, including but not limited to, commercial contracts, including customer agreements & master services agreements, confidentiality agreements, vendor contracts, including technology licensing, marketing, & professional services agreements, leases, employment related agreements, & contractor agreements.
- Build close cross-functional relationships with team members, & obtain & maintain a solid knowledge of the companys business.
- Engage with internal stakeholders during the contracting process to ensure that company agreements adequately address risk management concerns, information security & privacy issues, accounting considerations, & other pertinent issues.
- Assist the legal teams efforts in the preparation, implementation & refinement of standard form agreements, & company processes & policies.
- Act as a strategic partner, proactively identifying & analyzing potential legal issues in consultation with other members of the legal team & outside counsel, as necessary.
- Partner with the corporate development team & provide legal support for business transactions, including acquisitions, investments & partnerships.
- Provide substantive support for the rest of the legal team on an as-needed basis, including communications & training, contract management, & more.
What you will need:
- JD (law degree) from an accredited law school, with exceptional academic credentials. Must be a member in good standing of the New York state bar, or be eligible to become licensed as in-house counsel, & possess a minimum of 7 years of legal experience in related matters. In-house experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience drafting & negotiating complex commercial agreements.
- Prior trademark/IP experience is a plus.
- Must demonstrate an ability to grasp business & operational strategies to provide sound legal counsel in diverse matters affecting the business.
- Requires excellent language & writing skills & ability to drive projects & earn the confidence & cooperation of business partners. Must have strong project management, interpersonal, & persuasion skills.
- Enjoyable to work with. Positive attitude. Zero ego. Resourceful. Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small).
- Detail oriented & organized. Highly self-directed & proactive, with the ability to manage a high-volume practice in a dynamic, fast paced, metrics-driven environment & adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to uphold & demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Incredible culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV's Corporate HQ is located in Buffalo, NY. This role is eligible to work remotely from Rochester.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.