As an Associate Community Manager at Likeable Media, you will help respond to & engage with large, enthusiastic brand communities. This is your chance to spend all day on Social Media-- & get paid for it. You will assist our full-time Community Managers, gaining hands-on, real world professional work experience (the kind that will make your friends jealous & your resume shine). You will have access to amazing networking opportunities & have the opportunity to be mentored by some real social media pros, learning the skills that cant be taught in a classroom. Were flexible with your work schedule, & expect you to be as well.
This role is ideal for driven students or those just out of school that want some real work experience for their resumes; & that ultimately want to go into Social Media, PR, & Customer Relations.
Expectations: Were looking for students who are willing to commute to the city, & can work 15 hours per week including some weekend & evening work-- remote workers are also welcome! We are looking for a minimum of a three month commitment but would prefer longer.
Roles & Responsibilities: Social media is an ever-changing field, so although you will have some routine responsibilities, your role is going to require you to adapt slightly every now & then. However, this list should give you a good idea of what your day to day obligations will be:
- Monitoring, managing, & updating clients pages.
- Crafting personable responses to comments on clients social media accounts, starting conversations, & fostering connections.
- Developing monthly/bi-monthly analyses & reports for clients.
- Researching new platforms, existing networks, blogger outreach, & competitor analysis.
- Reading relevant industry news & trend updates regularly.
Skills/Qualities: In order to be successful in this position, you need to possess certain skills/qualities:
- Fluent speaker in Spanish/English
- Grammatical proficiency in both languages
- Strong time management & organization skills
- Ability to multitask & work under pressure
- An enthusiastic & outgoing personality
- Ability to problem solve
- Know when to ask questions
- Experience using Google Docs, Hootsuite, Facebook ad platform, & Facebook Insights is preferred but not required.
Qualities: The position takes a certain type of individual. The ideal candidate is:
- Positive Attitude
- A quick thinker
- A fast learner
- A problem-solver
- A great communicator
- A self-starter
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to take direction well
- A people person
- Instilled with a sense of urgency
Likeable is one of the first-ever pure-play social media agencies & remain rooted in social-first thinking to this day. With a strong expertise in finance, food, & fun, weve been named a Top 50 Ad Agency & Top 50 Fastest-Growing Women-Owned Businesses by WPO & American Express OPEN as well as Crains 6th Best Place To Work in NYC.