Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career.
Merchant & Acquirer Processing (MAP) is a Product Development (PD) Group within the Visa Technology Team.This group is responsible for building leading edge full-service Payment Solutions for our customers by combining global payment processing, fraud management, payment security & reporting systems.We are a group of bright, motivated engineers & technical managers excited about building the next generation of Payment products that will drive e-Commerce, mobile-Commerce as well as Point-of-Sale businesses for our customers.
Accountable for the end-to-end planning & execution of one or more projects, Programs and/or Agile teams. Lead & negotiate, scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments & communications for projects, programsand initiatives.
Coach multiple teams through the software development life cycle using Agile, Scrum, & Lean practices & work cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure projects are developed & deployed with quality & timely delivery into our production systems.
Understand product strategy & benefits of key deliverable in area of responsibility & drive everyone towards the common goal.
Brainstorm with partners across all functions to identify & resolve Risks & Impediments.
Analytical - Ask thoughtful questions to help our Customers, Product Owners, & Product Managers to maximize ROI & meet company objectives.
Work with Product Owners to promote & contribute to the improvement of the product backlog.
Facilitate sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, & other scrum ceremonies.
Shield the team from outside distractions & interferences. Track & remove impediments for the team.
Set priorities, influence others, & manage customer expectations.
Facilitate discussion & conflict resolution.
Coach team in estimation techniques.
Develop metrics & reports to help the team, program & organization understand its health & progress & to set goals.
Coach/Mentor team members to internalize Scrum & the Agile Principles.
Influence change at all levels to increase team & organization performance at a sustainable pace.
- Minimum 7+ years of progressively more responsible experience in directlyrelevant program/project management roles in technology portfolio andprogram management, business analysis, planning & operations, and/orrelated functions. Experience at a large,leading Product Development, Technology, Payments, and/or Financial Services company is highly preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years experience as a scrum master leading teams in agile software development.
- 2+ years experience as Program Manager preferred.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Project Management certification preferred including at least 1 of the following: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SAFe SPC)
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to plan, execute & deliver projects on time & demonstrate the ability to succinctly communicate any project issues, risks to an executive audience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program & project management methodologies & best practices, software & product development lifecycles (SDLC/PDLC) required. Strong process orientation & demonstrated ability to define & document new or improved portfolio & program management processes, templates & tools, & create a wide variety of reporting mechanisms for leadership, stakeholders, & team members.
- Advanced Knowledge of Agile techniques such as: User Stories, Continuous Integration,
- TDD, Continuous Delivery, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- Proficient in at least one agile project management tool: Rally, Jira, Version One, etc. Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,Visio, Project, & SharePoint) required.
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation, collaboration & teamwork skills withdemonstrated ability to gain trust, secure buy-in & influence change atall levels. An ability to influence without direct authority, as well asdemonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness, is critical. High level of attention to detail, including the abilityto assess, & synthesize large amounts of content & data related to program status, issues, risks, dependencies, & schedules & distill itin crisp, clear language appropriate for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated understanding of process improvement programs & processes, & experience driving them successfully within technology organizations highly preferred.
- Ability to seamlessly step back & focus on the big picture & dive into the details as needed.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.