As the Director of Engineering Productivity you will focus on improving engineering productivity by improving our processes, tools, & technologies. You will grow an existing SRE team & create a Build team. You will lead your teams to deliver highly scalable & resilient cloud deployment & provisioning solutions. You will need to have experience in delivering & maintaining large-scale high-availability systems.
Are you a passionate leader with a history of building & leading teams that are collaborative, innovative, & inspiring? Are you looking for an opportunity to improve the job satisfaction levels of everyone in engineering?
What you will do:
- You will engage with all engineering teams to identify areas of improvement
- You will define SLAs for each service
- You will collaborate with engineering teams to define standards
- You will measure engineering processes, systems & tools, & provide solutions that support continuous improvement
- You will help Product & Engineering Leaders develop & execute on a long-term technology roadmap that will enable teams to work better & innovate
Who you are:
- You have at least 10 years of experience in managing software, dev ops, & test engineers & building large-scale distributed systems.
- You have transformed engineering organizations to adopt SRE as a part of the culture.
- You have a deep understanding of AWS & cloud architecture & services.
- You have expertise within the container & container orchestration space (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- You have worked with infrastructure provisioning tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, or Puppet, & enabled CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, or AWS Code Pipeline.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross functional partners & independently drive projects & decisions
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math