BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
Were looking for an Associate Product Specialist to join our team. As an Associate Product Specialist at BuzzFeed youll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects from internal tooling, like our proprietary CMS, to consumer facing products, like the BuzzFeed site or the Tasty app.
The Product Specialist team provides support to users, shares insights with teams, helps to execute against roadmaps, influences work prioritization & product decisions amongst their teams, & report important trends based on user feedback. They fuel product quality & engagement by representing the voice of the user, & are responsible for monitoring the quality & stability of specific BuzzFeed products & the teams that work on them. They leverage data tools & other sources of feedback to identify user experience themes, prioritize issues, & communicate key takeaways to Product, Design & Engineering Leads to shape product direction, & work cross-functionally with other teams within BuzzFeed to improve user experience.
- Manage inbound user support needs, triaging & escalating when appropriate.
- Work autonomously to clearly define problems, identify why they exist, & determine how end users are affected.
- Execute on assigned projects with guidance. Owning & maintaining operational processes, with a focus on developing your knowledge of products & product areas your team(s) own.
- Make smaller decisions for priorities & day-to-day issues, consulting with more senior leaders for guidance on larger decisions.
- Build strong relationships with your counterparts across disciplines to facilitate project execution, foster communication within the team & develop a positive team culture.
- Fuel product quality & engagement by understanding & accurately representing the voice of the user.
- You are solution-oriented, with the ability to process & resolve issues quickly.
- You have a high say/do ratio. Things you say you will do, get done.
- You are well-versed in basic troubleshooting techniques.
- You are comfortable balancing quick & imperfect solutions with longer term strategic ones.
- You are comfortable collaborating with people across multiple disciplines like engineering, product, & design, as well as with other departments across the company.
- You are comfortable soliciting & providing direct & impactful feedback.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.