National Journal, a leading government affairs research & insights organization under the Atlantic Media Company, has launched its latest venture, the Network Science Initiative. The service focuses on identifying connections between individuals & entities that shape public policy in industries like Health Care, Energy, Tax, Tech, & others. Our team of analysts partners with corporations, associations, & non-profits to research specific policy proposals, identify top influencers, & assess their connectivity on public policy issues.
Position in Brief
National Journal Analysts are responsible for leading all aspects of Network Science engagements. Analysts conduct core qualitative research, create & present client deliverables, manage project timelines, & help develop & refine the product, all with the aim of delivering value to our clients. Analysts work directly with senior leaders in National Journal, & provide insight to the most influential government affairs professionals in Washington.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to conduct qualitative analysis of current health-related public policy issues & execute against tight deadlines to develop professional & intellectually sound deliverables.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- A highly analytic, natural problem solver
- The ability to highlight key insights within a complex set of data, synthesize large amounts of information, & then clearly explain these insights to potential clients
- A skilled project manager, able to independently manage competing priorities & adhere to timelines
- An individual with experience in at least one of the following domains: strategy consulting, government affairs consulting, policy analysis - specific to health policy, Capitol Hill, political science research, executive agency policymaking, data science
- An interest in intellectually rigorous work focused on the business of Washington government affairs offices
- A strong writer able to clearly frame issues for a variety of audiences
- Earned Bachelor's degree required
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two pillar gifts in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
- Force of Intellect - Atlantic Media seeks a discipline & rigor of thought as manifested, often, in exceptional academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
- Spirit of Generosity - Equally, Atlantic Media seeks what we term a spirit of generosity a natural disposition towards service & selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.