The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
We are looking for a passionate & detail-oriented Senior Technical Writer to join our Product Documentation team in our fast-growing Platform group. You will be responsible for orchestrating & maintaining all of our reference documentation, including our APIs, CLIs & SDKs, on hitchhikers.yext.com. You will work closely with product, engineering, & our developer evangelists to provide two-way feedback on the product or documentation & to make sure developers on Yext have the content they need to get started & successfully build awesome search experiences. You love building new things & creating organized, concise & fun content.
IMPORTANT: Candidates should submit a writing sample with their application.
What Youll Do
- Produce high-quality technical content that is accurate, clear, concise, & helpful
- Work with Product Managers & Engineering to understand our products & corresponding needs for documentation.
- Project manage the identification, authoring, editing, & publishing of reference content
- Develop & maintain a style guide to ensure consistency across our documentation channels & different writing team members.
- Continually analyze documents to maintain continuity of style & accuracy of content.
- Reach out to customers & developers to hear direct feedback, understand their needs, & identify areas of improvement.
- Establish, track, & report on KPIs for our documentation & developer site.
- Stay informed of industry trends & best practices & propose adjustments to content strategy as needed.
- Monitor requests & feedback from Stakeholders & drive execution plan for each request.
- Work cross-functionally with teams like Engineering, Product, Developer Evangelists & Developer Support to ensure content completeness, & effectiveness for all users.
- Represent the voice of the developer site audience by synthesizing key client feedback & data.
- Create & maintain code samples & libraries, where relevant
What You Have
- 5+ years experience as a technical writer, developing end-user documentation, or developer outreach for a developer audience.
- Experience working with APIs, CLIs & SDKs
- Flexible, fast learner who thrives in a constantly changing work environment.
- Superior written & verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work productively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Effective time-management skills & the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Proven ability to learn quickly & understand complex topics.
- An innate curiosity, willingness to ask questions, & passion for learning & helping others learn.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.