MakeSpace is looking for an Accounting Manager to help revolutionize the $38 billion storage industry. With our full-service experience, forward-thinking tech, & easy-to-use app, were making space more accessible to everyone. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
Reporting to our Controller you will be a key player in the day-to-day operations of our growing accounting team. As a leader on the accounting team, you will be a key player in our operational improvements, financial statement audits, & managing tax compliance requirements as MakeSpace continues to scale.
You can expect to:
- Drive the timely management of the month end accounting close & reporting process for areas including, but not limited to revenue, leases, accounts payable & accrued expenses
- Review & approve journal entries & reconciliations prepared by junior staff accountants on a weekly & monthly basis
- Continually develop, scale & improve month end close & financial reporting procedures to support the reduction of the close timeline
- Participate in the evaluation & implementation of various accounting systems & tools
- Create reports & dashboards in our ERP & BI systems
- Prepare & respond to requests related to our external financial audits
- Serve as a partner to other departments & provide data & reports as requested
- Investigate discrepancies & anomalies in a timely & efficient manner to identity potential issues
- Support various ongoing & ad-hoc projects or initiatives
- Recruit, mentor & develop junior accountants
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience with NetSuite
- You have very strong Excel skills & are comfortable with analyzing & manipulating large data sets
- Advanced technical accounting knowledge coupled with exceptional planning & organization skills
- A self-starter, youre excited to apply what you know to strengthen the accounting & controls of our fast-growing company
- You have a strong work ethic & a can-do positive attitude
- Experience with a subscription model business, preferred
- A reliable, stable internet connection is required & core hours are based on ET
- Base salary & a 401(k) with matching
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options including fully paid plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your closet
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.