We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.
About the role:
Birchbox is looking for an enthusiastic, detail oriented Marketing Associate, who will work with the Subscription & Loyalty Manager to assist with monthly planning & execution of campaigns to both existing subscribers & potential subscribers.
This role will be involved from ideation to execution with specific responsibilities to brainstorm new Life Cycle Marketing ideas, coordinate with cross teams, quality control of email coding / deployment, timeline management & reporting on monthly email/push performance. Additionally, this role will involve partnership with our paid media partner & trafficking information & assets to that team.
The right candidate will be detail oriented with a desire to further understand what drives customer engagement, & high lifetime value. In addition, the right candidate will have a strong interest & aptitude for learning how to use ESP & web tools to deploy marketing campaigns (email services provider, push provider, onsite asset server).
- Assist with CRM monthly campaigns & trigger development & execution
- Manage the production of all subscription email campaigns, including slicing, coding & deployment
- Update the overall email & site calendar to ensure optimal & timely deployment of campaigns
- Work closely with creative operations & merchants to ensure projects are well briefed & all changes are well communicated
- Prepare & traffic information & assets to Ampush our paid media partner
- Support the senior CRM manager in post-mortem reporting of email campaigns. This includes pulling reports, delivering insights, & recommendations
- Conduct analyses that inform our campaign & trigger strategies; everything from customer segmentation, identifying top customers, reducing unsubscribes, & activating dormant customers
- Assist with A/B tests & monitor the results to improve our campaigns, optimizing for key traffic & revenue metric across all channels
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Comfortable working in a face-paced start up environment
- Passionate about connecting brand & customer & building relationships
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility & team working ability
- Detail-oriented attitude & high level of precision
- Working HTML / CSS / SQL
- Braze experience
- Experience working with ESPs for campaign building, segmentation, & testing.
- Functional Adobe Photoshop slicing experience
- Familiarity with personalization, customization, email optimization & testing platforms
- Familiarity with Web-development & customization
- Prior e-commerce / online retail / subscription experience